Chapter 20: Work, Work, Wedding?

1 year later

1 year later...

"Willow, time to get up," a voice says shaking my shoulder. I dig my face deeper into the pillow and I pull a blanket close to my body. It's too early to be functioning.

"Willow, it is my wedding day, now get your ass out of bed before I do it for you," the voice yells. Wait, wedding day? Shit. Shit. Shit. Today's Kate and Toby's wedding. I jump out of bed knocking Kate down.

"What the hell?" She yells on the floor.

"What are you doing, get up, today's your wedding," I say running into the bathroom. I forgot to mention that I'm not at home. Toby stayed at Elijah's and we stayed at their apartment. I finish in the bathroom and I walk back into the room I was staying in and Kate is standing there with her arms crossed.

"What?" I ask.

"Was it necessary to make me fall onto the floor?"

"You were in my way," I say grabbing my phone off its charger.

"I give up with you, meet me in the living room," Kate says walking out of the room. Wow, I can't tell if she is excited, nervous, or pissed off.

I walk out of the room rubbing my arm

I walk out of the room rubbing my arm. I can't believe that she bumped into and made me fall. Ugh, she is so infuriating sometimes. Murphy is in the kitchen getting coffee, even though we are going out to get breakfast before we have to get ready. We are waiting on one more person. She was out of town until yesterday. I hear a knock on the door and I run over and I open and I see my maid of honor, AKA my best friend since forever, standing there.

"KATIE!"

"NAOMI!" She jumps into my arms and we hug it out. I haven't seen her in forever.

"I can't believe that you are getting married to Toby, I remember when-"

Sorry for the interruption, that's a story for another time.

"-and now you are getting married to him," she says right after I finish catching her up on my life.

"I know, it is so hard to believe that this is even happening. Now, let's go get breakfast," I say grabbing my keys.

"I second that," Willow says walking into the living room. I thought she was here the entire time. She needs to stop sneaking up on me.