Chapter 11: Summer Lovin'

Summer

Summer. The time to relax, vacation, and enjoy the sun. Yeah, that's not the case. For 4 teenagers who are going to college in a couple of months, it is a time for us to lose our minds. Willow and Elijah are as sickening as can be with how in love they are. Yeah, I know that we really wanted them together, but I don't need to see their tongues down each other's throats all the damn time. Mark and I are just us. A big cause of the other two is the honeymoon phase. I remember when Mark and I were there. A new relationship is so exciting and especially when you are in love. Man, it is the best thing and it is all you really are focused on. You want to be with your significant other all the time and you are. You spend pretty much every waking second with them or at least talking to them. Mark and I left that phase because we got used to each other. Not that it is a bad thing. Our relationship is very healthy. Anyways, back to the other two. They have been going on dates pretty frequently and yet they still aren't boyfriend-girlfriend. They have been dating for about a month. They went on their first date at the end of May. It's almost the middle of July. I really don't want to have to threaten him again to get him to ask her. I thought I did until Mark told me that Elijah was asking her on their date tonight. I can't wait to get a phone call of her screaming tonight. Man, I'm such a good friend.

Why do I have a feeling that I am going to regret telling Mark that I am asking Willow to be my girlfriend tonight? Oh, yeah, that's because he decided to show up at my house to 'help me get ready

Why do I have a feeling that I am going to regret telling Mark that I am asking Willow to be my girlfriend tonight? Oh, yeah, that's because he decided to show up at my house to 'help me get ready.' Does he not think that I don't know how to dress?

"Yes, yes, I do," Mark says. Did I say that aloud?

"Yeah, you did." I need to stop.

"Yeah, you do." I'm just going to stop thinking.

"It's not that I think you don't know how to dress. You just don't have a sense of style and also this a big night for the two of you. I don't want you to mess it up," Mark says sitting on my bed.

"How do you know that I'm going to mess it up?" I ask looking at different shirts in my closet.

"It took you years to ask her out. Then 3 months to ask her on a date." I grab a pair of socks and throw them at him.

"I was scared. Were you not when you asked Murphy out?"

"No, because I know what I wanted."

"And I don't."