Chapter 18: Changes

Graduation

Graduation... Again. I never thought that I would be standing here graduating from college. To be fair, I have another one in 4 years, but that's beside the point. Murphy and Kate are becoming some amazing teachers. Mark is going to go back to school, even if it is the police academy, and then hopefully becoming a detective. Toby is going to continue working on opening his own business, which he looks to move to Ohio so he can be with Kate. That's true love right there. Elijah is going to work with me as we open our own practice. He is going to take care of the business aspect while I do the counseling. If you haven't noticed, I have zoned out this entire ceremony. They keep going on and on about our futures. We finally got to the point that we got our degrees. Yay! I sit back down and wait for this ceremony to be over. I start to doze off again and then something brought me back.

"We have all made to a turning point in our lives. We are moving into the real world. While some of us may decide to further our education, we all take a step further down the path of life. Who knows maybe in the next few years, you get married, you have kids, you get a dog. That's all up to you. No matter what happens, you have to cherish what you have, because you never know when you are going to lose it. I know one person who lost something. I know that may sound weird, but it's true. Willow Alexsia Carter lost one of the most important people in her life. 5 years ago her mother died in a car accident. It was the day before her 18th birthday. Many of you don't know who I'm talking about, but that's okay. Willow spent day and night fighting away the nightmares. Fighting away the feelings of sadness. The feelings of loneliness. The feeling that the world was better off without her. Do you want to know how she did that? Her best friend was by her side every single day. That best friend has been in love with her for as long as he could remember. She cherishes him every day because he saved her life. When she wanted to end it, he was there. Everyone single of you graduates needs a person like this in your life, whether that be your significant other, a sibling, a parent. But ask yourself this, do you already have someone like that. I know I do. I met Murphy Ariana O'Connell during my freshman year of high school. She literally crashed into me in the hallway. At the time I was having to deal with my annoying ex-girlfriend, but the moment I saw Murphy I knew that things were going to change. She showed me how to live. She showed me that my jokes are actually not that funny, but it shouldn't stop me from telling them. She continues to brighten up my world each and every day and I don't know what I would do without her. So, Murphy can you come up here please?" Did I mention that Mark was the key speaker for our class? No. Yeah, it was a surprise for us too. None of us had any idea that he was doing this. Murphy quickly makes her way up the stage and walks over by Mark who has moved away from the microphone. He gets down on one knee.

"Murphy Ariana O'Connell, will you do me the great honor of becoming my wife?" He asks. Murphy has tears streaming down her face.

"Yes." Mark quickly gets up and slips the ring on her finger. He pulls her into a passionate kiss and the crowd gives them a roaring applause. Look at that, our loveable goofball grew up and proposed. When the ceremony ends, Elijah finds me quickly and pulls me into a kiss.