Special Chapter 9 - Everything Will Be Okay || Kidnapper Case (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Since we haven't eaten dinner yet, Natsume-nii decided to prepare for it. Of course, as a girl, I assisted my older brother while Yuusuke prepared the table. Dinner is simple, and after dinner, Natsume informed our eldest brother that the two of us won't be coming home tonight, that we're staying here.

I assure myself that things will be fine tomorrow.

Everything's going to be fine, Mikoto...

________________________________________________________________________________

"As in? I mean... that place?! Are you certain about that, Takeo?" I am currently at the station with Natsume-nii and Yuusuke waiting for the forensic's results. If there is another fingerprint, other than Natsume-nii's, on the envelope then we can have a lead. We already have a lead.

I have a friend named Takeo back in Kyoto and I just had a phone call with him. I sent him the kidnapper's number last night and he just finished tracking down the location on where the kidnapper is. Takeo is amazing. I don't know what he did but I am sure that he used his hacking magic skills. I can't believe he stayed up all night for this.

"Yep, I am very sure. It took me a while to figure things out but yeah, the caller is currently near your older brother's workplace."

I would say how stupid this kidnapper is. He probably didn't plan this kidnapping well... I mean, how could he use his phone with his number to contact Natsume when he can use the public telephone. Sigh, there will be things which I'll never understand.

"Thank you, Takeo. I appreciate your efforts just to help me. How can I repay you-"

"A hundred thousand for my efforts, electricity bill and the sleep I just sacrificed."

"What?"

"My efforts are not for free~"

This runt... oh well, he did help me a lot and since he spent the whole night for this then I guess I should be considerate about it?

"Fine, I'll pay you later once this case is closed."

"You're going to pay me 100,000 yen?!"

"Y-you're joking? Fine... I'll just pay for your lunch for a week once I come back there."

"Sounds good to me! I'll note this so that I won't forget. Thanks in advance Miko-san, bye!"

I immediately put down my phone and sigh. Thanks to Takeo, there is now a lead on where Wataru is confined. I just hope that he's in THAT place or else I'll have to find another way.

"What did your friend say?" Yuusuke asks curiously, he has an empty cup in his grasp, he must have been drinking coffee during my conversation with Takeo.

"He tracked down the kidnapper's location. It's near the playground we went to yesterday." I placed my phone back in my pocket and stared at complete blankness. "And since he checked it changing locations, I can say that the phone is still with the kidnapper."

"Let's head there once we're done here." He throws the cup like a basketball to the trash bin in front of him. "Three points!"

The only thing I did was to go and sit next to him. Natsume-nii is silently watching us while he waits for the DNA results of the envelope. I'm hoping that there's an unusual fingerprint so that things will be easier. Things are not okay and I'm not liking it.

"Miko-san, Yuusuke-kun!"

Suddenly, we saw Itsuki running towards us, how does he know that we're here?

"Itsuki? H-how..."

"Earlier on my way to the university for soccer practice, I saw you two entering here with your older brother... and well, I made a promise to you, Miko-san, that I'll help you whatever your problem is. So immediately, after practice, I went here... did I surprise you guys?"