Chapter one

I didn't know what to do.

So, I ran.

I ran out of my front door into the pouring rain.

With tears streaming down my face I ran and ran, not paying any attention to where I was going. I ran until I couldn't run any further.

I sank to the ground in the middle of the road, sobbing into my hands.

Hated by my own family for something out of my control. Cast aside, thrown out, like I didn't spend all 17 years of my life under their roof being loved and cared for by them. But it wasn't their actions, or even their words, that hurt the most. No- it was the look on their faces. They didn't even try to mask their obvious disgust.

How can the two people, the only people in the world that are meant to love you unconditionally, be so cruel?

I thought a weight would be lifted once I finally came out to my family. Once I finally revealed a part of myself I had kept hidden for so long. I feel like 3 more weights had been added instead.

I had no idea what I was supposed to do now. I couldn't go back home and face my parents, but I could hardly sit out in the rain forever.

Maybe a car would come along and just finish me off. Or maybe the cold. It'd certainly be a lot easier.

Oh get a grip Erin, you're better than this.

Brushing my wet hair away from my face, I suddenly no longer felt the rain pelt down onto my shoulders. I look up and see a black umbrella towering over me, being held by a startlingly familiar face.

"You're Billie Eilish." I said, stunned.

"Yeah." She replied. And then after a few seconds she added "You good?"

Still in complete shock, I could only reply with "I- I love you."

"Aw baby." She smiled and knelt down beside me, wrapping her arms around me.

Mentally slapping myself for being so stupid, I struggled to think of something else to say.

As she pulled away I asked her, "Could you maybe go away, and then come back? I can make a better first impression than that."

Clearly amused by my request, she stood up and walked away a few steps, before turning back around and once again knelling in front of me.

"I.. um. Hi."

Oh way to go Erin, that's way better.

Full on grinning now she replied, "Dude, that's your idea of a good first impression? I definitely preferred you confessing your undying love for me."

".. could you maybe- "

"No."

"Yeah that's fair."

As her smile faded, a look of concern crossed her features. "But for real though, are you okay?"

A humourless laugh escaped my lips as I replied, "Could be better."

I forced myself up off the ground with Billie quickly following suit, the umbrella still sheltering us from the rain.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks gently, probably sensing how upset I am.

Or probably seeing how upset I am considering she found me sitting in the middle of the road. Crying. In the rain.

Well, at least you can't say I'm not dramatic.

Even though I definitely had a lot to get off my chest, I knew I couldn't be selfish and unload my problems onto a complete stranger. Especially considering that stranger was Billie freaking Eilish.

Only I would meet my idol and celebrity crush in the middle of a mental breakdown.

"Thanks, but I better head home." I reluctantly tell her. She doesn't need to know that I don't actually have a home to go back to. But I knew that if I stayed any longer, I would lose any composure I had left and would start crying again and probably spill my entire life story.

Which is something no one should have to witness.

Placing a hand on my shoulder, she looked me in the eyes and asked, "are you sure?"

Shit.

My eyes began to water, and flashes from the argument with my parents just half an hour ago filled my head. Tears started spilling out onto my cheeks, falling faster than I could wipe them away.

There goes my so called composure.

"Oh don't cry, love." Billie pulls me against her chest and wraps her free arm around me.

As bad as I felt for putting her in this situation, because god knows I never know what to do when someone is crying, now that I've started I couldn't stop myself. And being held so closely and so securely by someone I had spent years longing to meet, just made me cry even harder.

I felt her lead me off the road and down the footpath, but I was too lost inside my head to notice where we were going.

As I tried to pull myself together, I glanced up to see that we had stopped in front of a small bungalow.

After closing the umbrella, she opened the door and gestured for me to follow her inside.

She brought me up to her room and gave me a spare change of clothes. Shivering where I stood, I tried to refuse the clothes but she just gave me an unimpressed look and pointed me in the direction of the bathroom.

Murmuring a word of thanks, I walk down the hallway and enter the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

I change into the clothes Billie gave me and stare at myself the mirror. My green eyes are bloodshot from crying and my curly brown hair is damp from the rain. Wonderful.

"Came out to my parents, was kicked out and met Billie Eilish in the same night. What is life?" I asked my reflection.

Not expecting an answer of course, in case anyone was worried.

Letting out another sigh, I force myself to leave the bathroom and make my way back to Billie's room.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to say to her but I guess I'm going to find out in about ten seconds.

A/N: thank you so much for reading! Please let me know what you think and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed the first chapter. I'll try to get the second one out as soon as possible.

Much love, Isabel 💕