You Kissed!

"Let's get the lift, I'm not really keen about you walking too far," Joe said, his arm firmly planted around Dianne's waist.

"I feel better now, promise," Dianne said, rather subdued, as she focused on walking without feeling dizzy.

"I'm not sure I believe you," Joe laughed, "I'm sorry if Connie's still up, she's got her bounce back."

"She's four, I expect it," Dianne said, glad Connie was back to herself, it had meant Joe was worrying less. Well until she practically fainted.

"Daddy, Dianne, you're back early!" Connie shouted, as Joe let them in the
flat.

"Shh Baby, Dianne's feeling a bit poorly, not very well, watch out poppet let me get to the sofa." Joe ruffled Connie's head, and guided Dianne to the sofa.

"Can I do anything?" Elise asked, noticing how Joe was holding Dianne. The latter was dizzy again from the lift and was struggling to stop herself fainting.

"Can you get a glass of water please, she's fainted a couple of times," Joe asked, as he put Dianne's head between her legs and rubbed her back.

"Poor Dianne," Connie had mellowed and joined her Dad rubbing Dianne's back. Joe nodded and resisted kissing Dianne's head, with Elise still in the room.

"I'm okay, stars are gone," Dianne said, lifting her head up quickly, getting dizzy all over again.

"Put your head up slowly next time, give your body time to catch up," Joe said, taking the cup off Elise. Dianne had her head back between her legs, so Joe put it on the coffee table.

"Come on Connie, bathtime," Elise recognised that the couple needed to be alone.

"No, I need to look after Dianne," Connie said, mirroring what her Dad was doing, putting the back of her hand on Dianne's head.

"I'm okay Darl, you can go with Elise," Dianne encouraged, squeezing her hand.

"No, I want to stay with her, I want to be your doctor."

"After your bath love, go on, go with Elise," Joe said, as he took one of Connie's bobbles and tied Dianne's hair up off her neck. "Good girl, thank you," Joe said, as Connie held onto Elise's hand and ran to the bath.

Joe stood up and grabbed the packet of wipes from the counter.

"What are you doing?" Dianne asked slowly, head still on her knees.

"Just cooling you down," Joe said, putting the wipe on the back of her neck. A flannel would have been better but he didn't want to disturb Connie's routine. "What have you got on under this?" Joe asked, tugging on her long sleeved top.

"Sports bra," Dianne shrugged, she was feeling less dizzy by the second.

"Can I take this off then? Will you mind Connie and maybe Elise seeing it?" Joe asked, putting his hand under her top to make it less tight.

"Go for it," Dianne said, slowly lifting her head, not ready to open her eyes yet. Joe pulled it off her from the back forward, keeping an eye on how she was looking. He was freaked when it happened the first time earlier on and again when they had been on their own. After the second time he persuaded her to call it quits and listen to her body, insisting she came back with him and allowed him to return the favour so to speak.

"Hi sweetheart," Joe said, as Dianne opened her eyes, less dizzy, more aware, "how you doin', how's the dizziness?"

"It's gone but I feel a bit sick and I've got a headache," she said, leaning against his shoulder.