Chapter 15

I begin to feel stronger and stronger the more I drink. Only when the guy is completely dry do I stop. I look up and the boys are looking at me with proud expressions. 

“Atta girl!” Paul and Dwayne pats my back. 

“Well done, Dylan.” David smirks and licks the blood from his lips.

“You’re one of us.” Marko smiled and hugged me tight. 

We then walk over to Michael, who looks at us like we’re terrifying monsters.

Oh wait… we are.

“You know who we are, Michael...and who you are, too.” David said calmly.

“You'll never grow old and you’ll never die. But you must feed.”

I go back to the cave with the guys and then it hits me. 

What have I done?!

No longer can I go out into the sun, no longer will I live with Maria… She’s probably worried about me!

“Hey, what’s up?” Marko asks, resting his head in my lap.

“Maria.” 

“What about Maria?” Paul asks and I glare at him. 

“She’s my sister and she’s already worried about me all the time. Fuck, how am I going to explain why I’m never around in the day?” 

“Relax Dylan. We’ll figure something out. Now let’s celebrate you becoming one of us!” He pulls out the bottle of blood and tosses it my way, but I’m not thirsty so I hand it to Dwayne. 

“I think I’m just gonna go fly or something.” I say dismissing myself and walking out of the cave. 

I then take off into the sky heading to my sister’s home. 

In no time, I’m at the apartment and I see my sister on the couch. When she sees me, she screams.

“What Maria?” I ask her, worried that my looks have probably altered in some weird way. Obviously I wouldn’t be able to check seeing as I now have no reflection. 

“You’re bleeding!” She exclaimed, pointing to my shirt and I laugh bitterly.

“It’s not my blood.”

“What? What do you—“ She started off but then crossed her arms.

“I told you to stay away from those guys, and what do you do? You get yourself turned into a vampire.” She rants and my eyes widen in shock.