ONE ~ ALLEYWAY ADVENTURES

╭━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╮To put it plainly, life sucked╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

To put it plainly, life sucked
╰━ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ♛ ⎈ ♛ ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍ ━╯

Fog shrouded the island in a grey film, permanently blocking out the sunlight. Twenty years ago, Belle and Beast created a prosperous nation by uniting all the kingdoms. To ensure the safety of their people, they rounded up all the villains and banished them to the Isle of the Lost; an island full of poverty and surrounded by a barrier that prevented them from escaping and suspending their magic. Since then, life on the Isle had decreased. Food was low quality and scarce, houses were falling apart and draughty. To put it plainly, life sucked.

By trapping the villains, Belle and Beast had also forced the Villain Kids to a life of misery and discrimination. The barrier prevented them from having an education, a safe home, and new clothes. The children of those villains had been doomed to a life of villainy themselves. If you weren't tough on the Isle, you didn't survive.

Eva, daughter of the Evil Queen, was lucky enough to be a part of the most feared group of VKs on the Isle.

Opening her curtains - that did little to block out the depressing trickle of light - Eva smiled as she looked out at the whole of the Isle. Living at the top of the tallest building on the Isle had its benefits; it was harder for people to break in, it was spacious, and you had a great view of the entire island.

Living with your sister and best friend was meant to be a dream. Especially when it helped you escape the nightmare of living with your mother. However, on mornings like these, living with your sister and best friend was torment. Already, Eva could hear the pair of them arguing over the shower.

Clean, hot water was a rarity on the Isle and so, arguments often broke out over who could go first. Stepping out of her room, Eva entered the war zone with a smug smile on her face.

"Actually, if you remember correctly, it's my turn to go first." She chuckled, sauntering into the bathroom and locking the door behind her.

Instantly, Mal and Evie fell quiet.

Mal, daughter of Maleficent, was known for her cruel and harsh nature. In reality, she was kind-hearted and would do anything for those she loved. Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen, was considered shallow and superficial. But, she'd always put others before herself.

Eva was considered cruel and emotionally detached but that was only to cover up the insecurities she was too afraid to show the world.

Then there were the two men of the group. Jay, son of Jafar, had a knack for stealing but his heart was as big as his protective nature. Carlos, son of Cruella De Vil, was the youngest of the group. He was jumpy, skittish, and loveable.

The five of them made up the most evil group of VKs on the Isle, but to each other, they were the best family a villain kid could ask for.

Tying up her dark blue locks, Eva slid on her blue leather jacket, hearts etched into it, before rushing out of the apartment. Descending the rusty, metal staircase outside the building, Eva inhaled the morning air. As usual, the air was polluted with the stench of rotten food, decay, and unwashed bodies. Cleanliness wasn't the Isle's best feature.