Chapter 24

Taehyung's POV

I have been thinking about my conversation with Yoongi hyung last week. He definitely wasn't talking about Jungkook, because when I asked him, he nearly killed me for even suspecting him.

So who was he talking about?

Thirsty and tired from lying on my bed for the last 18 hours, I leave my room and head to the kitchen.

I drink some water and move to the living room. As I was getting closer to the room, I heard someone talking.
I recognized Yoongi hyung's voice, but no one was responding to him.

I figured he must be talking to the phone.

"So how's practice going?" He said.

"What? Taeyang is flirting with you? Are you sure Dahyun?"

I stopped in my tracks. He's talking with her? I haven't heard her soft voice in so long, I think I forgot how it sounds.
And her face, and her long coloured hair, and her smile...

Wait a minute. Taeyang is flirting with her? Oh, that jerk... I didn't like him from the very beginning. I knew he was trouble.

Curious, I hide behind the wall and keep listening to what their saying.

"But I thought you liked him."

"AS A FRIEND!" Dahyun yelled so hard, that even I heard her. It also made hyung remove the device from his ear.

"Okay, okay. I get it you don't have to yell. Besides, you only have eyes for Taehyung."

My eyes widen at the mention of my name. She-she likes me?

"No he's not here. He's in his room. He's been there for more than 12 hours." I keep listening.

"Why? Are you worried about him?"

"Don't you worry cousin. I'll make sure your crush eats and rests."

She is worried about me? And she's asking Yoongi wether I ate and rested?

Wait... What is this warm feeling inside my chest? Why is my heart beating so fast? Why do I feel my face, neck and ears getting hot?

I go back to my room, close the door and slide down on the floor. Yoongi's words are ecoing inside my head

"I know... But it's not your fault for falling in love with the wrong person." He patted my shoulder.

"And who's the right person for me to fall in love with?" I asked him.

"This person is right in front you. It has always been, but you were and still are too blind to notice."

At that moment, I recalled every moment I shared with Dahyun.

When she asked me out on a date...

"Do you want to go out today?" I can tell by the sound of her voice that she's blushing right now

"Sure, but wasn't I supposed to ask that?"

"I guess so." she laughed a bit.

"So how about today. Sounds good?"

"Yep. At 7?"

"Fine by me. Will you come pick me up?" I tease her

She started laughing and I can't help but admire her laugh. It's the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.

When I first met her at that park, and how I realised she was that girl at the very same park just a few months ago...

Also how, I kept denying the fact that I had feelings for her, even though my heart was beating like crazy every time I even thought about her.

All these seem so far, and I find myself missing her more than I've ever missed someone.

"This person is right in front you. It has always been, but you were and still are too blind to notice."

And that's when I finally realise who that person is. That's when I stand up from the floor, more sure than ever, ready to get her back.

And this time, won't let anyone stop me.

Dahyun's POV

Today is our collaboration with SF9 at the Mnet Asian Music Awards.

For the past two months, we've been working hard and today is the day we get to show everyone our hard work.

To be honest, I kinda want all this to end, because Taeyang keeps trying to touch me and keeps asking me to go out. I'm really bothered by his behaviour, but I'm keeping my mouth shut because I don't want to cause panic and effect our performance. I'm doing this for ONCE. Because they mean so much to me.

Right now, we are sitting in our arranged seats, which happens to be next to BTS and behind SF9.

Taeyang keeps winking at me, and Taehyung keeps giving him death stares, which make him turn back around.

I never looked at Taehyung but I constantly feel his eyes on me. Why is he doing this to me? There are tons of cameras and fans here, is he trying to get us both in trouble?

I look his way, to tell him to stop staring at me and he gives me his beautiful smile, which makes me blush and turn the other way.

Gosh!!!! He's going to kill me...

1 hour later, we have finished our stage as Twice, and are getting ready for our collaboration.

The outfits are quite revealing. I'm embarrassed to go on stage like that.

(Imagine something like that.)

We all moved towards the back of the stage and waited for the group to finish their performance.
Lucky for me, that group happened to be BTS. Perfect...

They finished and exited the stage. As they were passing by us, they bowed and wished us 'good luck'.

Yoongi oppa, gave me thumps up.

We got into positions, and the music started....

10 minutes later, we are in our dressing room, congratulating each other. The couple dance with Taeyang was soo awkward, but I tried not to let it show.

Before I got the chance to change back to my dress, he came beside me.

"Hey, Dahyun. Can I talk to you for a minute?" 

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Not here. Somewhere more.... private."

I have a bad feeling about this...

He took my hand and led me out of the door and to a corridor, that no one goes to.

"So what did you-" he pinned me to the wall before I got to finish my sentence.

"I tried to resist, but I can't. I like you."

And then he leaned closer.

He closed his eyes.

I was too afraid to even move.

No... Not like this. I don't want to lose my first kiss to him.

Before our lips could touch, he was shoved to the ground.

"Stay away from my girl."

I looked up and saw Taehyung, more furious than ever.

...........................................................................................................................................................

Ohhhh, I'm so excited for this chapter!!! I hope you like it.

Vote and comment!

V.😘