Questions

Aladdin's POV

I closed the door behind me as Jasmine sat on our bed with her arms crossed. "What was so important that we couldn't finish dinner as a family?" Jasmine asked mad.

"Jasmine, did it even cross your mind, to even think of asking my opinion on bringing your dad to take your place as Sultan? Or even worse have him come to live with us at the palace again?" I said angrily.

"I don't have to ask you anything, are you seriously questioning the decision of your sultan?"

"Are you seriously putting your role are Sultan before your role as wife right now?"

Jasmine rolled her eyes at me, "Look, my decisions are in the best interest of everyone here okay. I do not, once ever again, want to hear you question me ever again." Jasmine got up and tried walking towards the door.

"Don't walk away from me Jasmine! This is why nothing works right now, you won't even speak to me without throwing a fit."

"Seriously? I'm throwing a fit? Wow, you really are on a roll this time aren't you." Jasmine licked her lips and looked down. "You want to know why I did what I did?"

"Enlighten me." I threw my hands in the air.

"So we could finally spend time together as a family, I did it for the kids, I did it for us. Guess nothings enough anymore." Before I could speak a knock on the door interrupted us.

"Everything okay in here?" I heard Jasmine's father say.

Jasmine quickly changed her face, "Yeah everythings fine Bubba, c'mon lets go eat." She said and the both walked out. I swear at this point the world felt like it was against me.

I know to many it didn't seem like it, but Jasmine's father and I had our very big differences. Although I knew he loved her, he wanted to keep her sheltered from so much even after she became Sultan. It wasn't until after Jasmine and I got married that she began to rule as the Sultan she wanted to be and not as the Sultan her father expected her to be. I decided to stay in my room for dinner tonight and read some books on the recent changes in the world. I very easily got carried away and before I knew it it was past 11 o' clock. I went ahead to change into my sleepwear and decided to go check on the kids, but before I did I passed by Jasmine's bedroom.

Softly, I opened her door and noticed her and Ali, snuggled together in her bed. I guess she didn't need me today. I went over and landed a kiss on Ali's forehead and gave Jasmine my usual kiss before bed before I whisper to her, "I love you." Afterwards, I checked on the girls and headed back to my room. I sighed to myself. My marriage felt like it was falling apart and there was nothing I could do about it.

Jasmine's POV

I heard the door creaking as it opened. In an instance, I recognized Aladdin's scent as it grew closer to me. I felt him give Ali a small forehead kiss, and before I could open my eyes, I felt his lips on mine, only to hear his usual I love you. Although I was mad at him, that small moment gave me a sense of comfort.

Ali woke up right as the sun-light began to hit my bedroom. "Wake up mommy." I could hear him say as he poked my face with his still tiny fingers.

"What is it baby boy?" I said still with my eyes closed.

"Wake up, I'm hungry." I heard him say with his squeaky voice as he jumped on my bed.

My eyes remained closed, yet I was able to grab his arm to stop him from jumping. "Let mommy and baby sleep, go ask your father please." I begged.

Thankfully he did as I asked and I was left to sleep a bit more. It wasn't long hefore my sleep was interrupted by my desperate need to throw up. I quickly ran to my bathroom and let everything I had eaten for dinner last night exit my body. I was nearly done, when I felt someone pull my hair back. To my surprise it was Lian. I quickly got up and brushed my teeth.