Blue Eyed Boy-Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

"You look good,"she complimented. She only did it because she wanted me to comment on her appearance.

"Thanks. You don't look half bad yourself,"I replied.

I wasn't lying. She did look amazing. Her dark violet dress fit her bust before flowing out to above mid-thigh. She was wearing black tights that had the floral cutout pattern. On her feet were black booties. She had minimal make-up and jewelry, giving her a more natural beauty look.

I followed her back downstairs, where people were now slowly showing up. Soon enough, the house was completely packed and the bass was shaking the whole house. Some rapper was spewing words that were coming out so fast, I couldn't make out one word from another. I walked into the kitchen, where the reek of alcohol wafted around. Some people were filling their drinks. They looked tipsy. It was only eight and we already had drunk people. Great.

I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and quickly left. As I was returning to the living room, I ran into something hard. And warm. And breathing. I heard a chuckle and felt warm breath tickle the top of my head. I looked up to find ocean eyes looking down at me. They twinkled and swirled. They were so vast that I almost got lost in them, but I didn't. Instead, I took a step back and mumbled a sorry.

"Hold up,"Tyler called and grabbed onto my upper arm.

I spun around and almost crashed into him.The anger of his bipolar attitude that I had forgotten about earlier, returned.

"What?"I asked a little to harshly.

"I was wondering if you'd like to dance."he smirked, dragging me to the dance floor.

"Who said I wanted to?"I scowled while the dancing bodies collided with mine as I shoved through them.

"Fine. Will you dance with me?"he looked down at me, waiting for an answer.

"No,"his face fell and his mouth opened in shock,"Not to this song."

It was true that the song playing was horrible and made my ears want to bleed.

"Okay. I can work with that,"he pulled me further until we were right in front of the speakers.

I brought my hands to my ears, trying and failing to block out the horrible noise that was now so close that my heart was beating in tune to the song and my head started to ache. He reached out and his hand came back holding an IPhone. He turned it on and went to the music library. All of a sudden a new song was pouring out of the speaker. I knew this song. I liked this song.

"I take it you like this song?"I asked.

"Yep. I guess I can assume the same goes for you,"he pulled back to the dance floor.

I nodded as he pulled me closed the space between us. Though the song wasn't necessarily slow, there was no other way to dance to it. I breathed in and enjoyed his nice scent. He smelled of blueberries and honey. As it was nearing the chorus, I decided to sing.

"When I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. I know, right now you can't tell. But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see, a different side of me,"I sang part of the chorus of the Matchbox Twenty song.

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired. I know, right now you don't care. But soon enough you're gonna think of me, and how I used to be...me,"Tyler pulled away and sang the rest of the chorus while looking me directly in the eye.

 I couldn't help but think that the song expressed his true feelings. He pulled me to him and we danced to the rest of the song. When it ended we pulled apart and my arms dropped to my side. I had just danced with Tyler. A taken Tyler. A Tyler that has a girlfriend that is probably at this party, that could have seen that, that probably is going to rip my head off. Oh dear.