jungkook suddenly realized why he was here. this wasn't something friends did together for fun. yoongi wanted his on his lap and his lips on his neck. but hell that wasn't going to happen.

"hey, do you smoke?" one of the dudes to his left asked.

yoongi cut in with an annoyed scoff, "you know i don't."

"i was talking to the boy." he nudged jungkooks arm with his knuckles, the blunt pinched between him fingers and ready for someone's waiting lips and inviting lungs.

jungkook paused, he kind of wanted to try, but he also really wanted to leave.

"oh leave the kid alone." the girl finally said. "he obviously doesn't want to."

some of the guys chuckled and the dude on the left just shrugged, taking the blunt back and continuing on with the game. jungkook felt a little flame start in his chest and the slight anger pulsed in his veins. he was so tired of being treated this way.

"i have to go to the bathroom." jungkook got off yoongis lap and walked away without listening to what they said. someone told him which way to go and someone else said to grab them another beer. none of it mattered because he knew where he was going and he knew who he was calling.

jungkook pushed the front door open and walked down the driveway, listening to the phone ring before finally being picked up.

his voice was a nice break from the suffocating atmosphere inside that house, but jungkook didn't really listen now either.

"can you come pick me up."

——

taehyung wasn't sure what to expect when he got a phone call from the younger boy this late at night. but he was sure to drop his cigarette and tug on a shirt before going down to his car and driving down to the address he was given.

"can you come pick me up."

the one phrase ran through his mind as he drove further away from the city. he sounded so small on the phone.

it took maybe thirty minutes to get to the street of homes, vastly different from the buildings in the city. taehyung drove slowly and did his best to read the numbers on the mailboxes to find the right one.

none of that really mattered because he spotted the ravenette sitting on the curb with his chin resting on his knees.

once jungkook saw the familiar cadillac he jumped up from his spot and practically ran to the passengers side door. "thank you." he mumbled, clicking in the seatbelt and leaning his head against the window.

taehyung just hummed and set the gps to bring them back home. "there's a blanket in the backseat if you want." the older boy said, his eyes trained on the road, only occasionally glancing to the quiet boy in the passenger seat.

"i'm okay." he said.

but are you really?

the radio was quietly playing in the back as they sat in the car, neither feeling tired but also not wanting to break the comfortable silence. it didn't go unnoticed by jungkook, how the two rides were so different yet under same circumstances.