five.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧⠀⠀

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"what do you have for me today?"

"you tell me."

he's been getting more courageous these days, less of the shy blushing boy from the beginning, but jungkook would still revert back to his quiet self with a simple wink or suggestive smirk from the older. "cute." taehyung muttered, noticing how the raventte would tuck his head and try to hide his face underneath that hat after every compliment. "i'll take a cherry smoothie."

"coming right up." jungkook said, his voice small as he gathered the things like always and quickly made the smoothie.

it would be a lie if taehyung said he wasn't looking forward to these mornings. usually it was the rush from boxing or whatever workout he did, but now it was the refreshing encounters and small talk with the raventte. after that night at the party, taehyung felt more shielded around changmin, there's no way for him to tell if his friend remembered saying those things.

taehyung figured now may have been a good time to bring something else up, he had thought little about it, but how fun could something be if it was all planned. "hey jungkook," he started.

"yeah?" the mentioned boy hummed, more concentrated on pouring the smoothie with his tongue poking his cheek in deep focus.

"i was thinking that we could maybe-"

"jungkook, my baby!" everyone's heads inside the smoothie cafe turned to the front door, the bell that usually chimed was drowned out by the loud voice shouting.

his baby?

the boy that walked in had a friend by his side, neither of them really caring much at the looks the loud friend got them. "hi hyungs." jungkook smiled at the two newcomers.

"how're you, kid." the quieter of the two said, earning a bigger smile from the raventte. "i'm great." he answered with his usual soft voice.

taehyung just stood there with a subtle frown, he was kinda in the middle of trying to ask the boy something.

"we were thinking on 6 pm for tonight, does that still work?" hoseok asked.

jungkooks face brightened as he remembered what day it was, jumping on the balls of his feet and missing the soft smile appearing on a certain boys face who eyes couldn't leave the ravenette. "that's perfect, my shift ends in two hours."

"oh and hyung," jungkook said, finally looking back at taehyung with a smile that could stop traffic. "this is my new friend taehyung, taehyung this is my roommate hoseok and his friend yoongi."

the three greeted each other with small smiles and nods, "aw my little kookie is making friends." hoseok leaned over the counter to squish the boys cheeks. "why don't you invite him along," he whispered, raising his eyebrows suggestively and letting out a loud laugh as jungkooks face immediately turned bright red.

"hey taehyung, jungkook has something he wants to ask you! bye!" hoseok grinned, taking the cherry smoothie and taking off out the door with a yoongi trailing behind.

it was mildly embarrassing, the way jungkook had frozen with his lips parted and eyes slightly wide, a permanent flush to his cheeks seemed to remain as he felt the familiar stare burning into the side of his face. what he thought was embarrassing, the older just found precious. "so kookie," taehyung smiled at the nickname, "what do you have to ask me?"

jungkook just looked up at the boy and blanked, he didn't know why he was always such a loss for words when it came to this guy. one morning he had come up with different things to say depending on what taehyung threw at him this time, jungkook had believed he was very prepared except it had taken one look, and poof, the young boys mind went blank. "um, i just, we were going to, um," jungkook fumbled with his words, the redness in his cheeks reaching his ears.

taehyung chuckled, a fond smile taking over his features, "hey jungkook," he said, making sure he met the boys much darker eyes before continuing, "it's just me baby, don't be nervous."

with a light nod, the raventte sighed quietly and felt his nerves calm a bit, but the sweat on his palms was annoying and all he could do was wipe them on his jeans. "hoseok hyung said he'd take me ice skating tonight." jungkook said, "do you.." he trailed off and bit the inside of his bottom lip, finally getting the courage to look up at taehyung, "do you wanna come with me?"

the older boys smile just grew the tiniest bit, he didn't want to seem too eager too quickly. "of course i'd love to come," he spoke smoothly with that deep voice of his, "what time should i pick you up?"

jungkook couldn't figure out how he was so good at talking and not sounding like a completely dummy. taehyung oozed confidence with the way he walked and the look in his eyes and even the way he'd mess with his hair only for it to fall perfectly into place.

"uh, just before 6 would work." jungkook said, stopping his spiraling thoughts into the abyss of how kim taehyung could be so perfect.

"alright, i'll be back here in two hours to take you home from work," taehyung said, "that way i know where to pick you up." it was a valid reason, but he also wanted to spend more time with the boy.

jungkook just nodded, "okay that's sounds good. let me get you another smoothie, sorry about that." he mentally remembered to yell at hoseok later for taking the smoothie and ditching without at least paying for it.

"thanks." the older had said, leaning against the counter and scrolling through his phone making sure he had no plans tonight and cancelling any if they existed. his gym buddies had left a while ago, only namjoon giving him a wave while a few glanced his way in confusion. the term "friends" may have always been a stretch in description.

"here you go, on the house." jungkook set the smoothie on the counter and tucked the marker back into his apron.

taehyung picked it up with a nod in thanks and noticed the digits written on the cup, "oh my jungkook, did you give me your number?" there was a teasing note to his voice as he grinned at the younger, "are you trying to flirt with me?"

"no! oh my goodness tae, i was just, it's for tonight," jungkook stammered, "in case you needed me, i don't know."

there was no arguing the raventte had cheeks the color of the smoothie, it was a regular thing now for him to be blushing at every word tossed his way and the playful grins from the older knowing exactly what he was doing.
"i'll see you soon." taehyung said, one last smile before heading to the door.

"you guys are adorable." yuqi finally gushed once the cafe door shut and the two friends were relatively alone, minus the three customers sitting with their lunches and the few employees in the back. "shut up." jungkook mumbled.

"i like how all you had to do was breathe and this handsome guy gives all his attention to you." she said, "teach me your ways, a girl can't relate."

jungkook just gave her a light shove as she laughed lightly and continued to tease him. the two enjoying each other's company as always, but for once, jungkook was looking forward to more than just his day at work.

┆♡┆
hit that lil star