Final Ending.

"Hey, Luka, what do you wish you could be?" I asked.

        "I wish I could be a star, so I could shine brightly up in the sky and people would notice me. I'd be the brightest star out of all the millions of them!" He exclaimed. His hand outstretched towards the sky, pointing to one of the brightest stars. 

        We were only seven years old, laying in the cool grass, staring up at the stary night sky, and our hands locked together. 

        "Then I'll be a star with you." I smiled. He turned his head to stare into my eyes, I stared back into his, beautiful blue eyes and black hair. I reached over to move a stray hair from his eye.

        "Stars live for a long time, you know." He blinked, took my hand and played with it. 

        "Does love last forever?" I asked. I looked back towards the stars and pointed to a shape they made. "Do you see the bunny?" I giggled. Luka was quiet. 

        "Love can last forever, even though things might never go right."

        "Yeah, I guess you're right. Will we be together forever?" I whispered. Luka wiped a tear from my eye. 

        "I promise I wont leave you."

        That night, held a part of my heart that I could never forget. I had lived on after that, wondering when I was going to run into Luka. I'd walk home, go to the park, sit on the same swing, lie in the same spot on the grass, and think about him. Why couldn't I just forget him? I'd always wonder why, this blue eyed boy was on my mind forever. I guessed he had grown, grown to be a very mature and good looking guy like the ones I see at my school. I might have been crazy for wanting to find him, I might have been crazy for jumping into a car with a person I had no idea who he was, but those eyes, were the same eyes. I was going to fall into a deep hole, but I was already in one until the moment Luka walked into my life once more. They say you never forget your first love, I truly believed Luka was my fated love. 

        Two weeks had past since I was released from the hospital.

        I was a completely new person, I was reborn. 

        I walked home from church. My cast was a pain and an annoyance, but I could have never been more happy and thankful to have it. The breeze picked up and blew through the maple trees along the sunlit path and blew the falling leaves from their branches. I watched the red and orange color leaves dance around me, my long hair and dress flowed behind me. I closed my eyes for a moment to take in the sweet, clean air. I twirled along with the leaves, spreading out my arms and dancing to the whispering voices. I came to a stand still as I twirled for the last time and faced the boy in front of me. 

        "Are my eyes seeing correctly?" I breathed. 

        "Maybe, maybe not." He replied.

        "If I closed my eyes, would you disappear?" 

        "That all depends."

        "You were the one that held my hand that night." I said. 

        "I know."

        "You were the one that had promised you'd stay by my side."

        "As you were the one that stood beside mine."