Chapter Twenty-one: The Truth Behind The Mask.

Yes, this is a short chapter. Sorry to my readers, but I promise I will work on them more! Thank you guys!

Enjoy the story! :D

----------------------------------------------------

Avery

  My hands and knees were bundled up in thick bandages. 

My limbs were being suffocated because I wrapped the bandages too tight. After a few minutes my arms and legs were black and blue. 

"Honey I'm going to work-" My mother opened my bedroom door but stopped when she saw me wrapping the bandages. "Avery! What happened?" She gasped rushing over to my side. 

"Don't worry mom." I chocked. I couldn't help it. I was still crying. Thankfully my mother thought I was crying because I was hurt. 

"Geezer, I thought you were so tough. You're like a little girl again." She smiled and helped me wrap the wounds. I looked down at my bloody hands. This was my curse. This was my punishment for liking someone that was out of my league. 

My mother finished wrapping the bandages up and wiped a tear from my cheek. 

"Mom, did you love anyone before you met dad?" I asked. My mother seemed to be taken a back from my question, then let out a long regretful sigh. 

"Yes. I was forced to marry your father because his family was willing to support mine. I have never really loved your father, I had loved another man who I pushed away to protect." 

I nodded my head slowly and tears welled up in her eyes as well. 

"Oh, but I don't regret having such a wonderful daughter. I'm so sorry I haven't been here for you." She cried and put her head in my lap. I stared at her short caramel colored hair for a long time. Her sobs wet my sweats and I slowly placed my hand on top of her head. 

"I forgive you, mom." I whispered. 

She lied her head on my lap for a long time. I didn't say anything. I had reminded her of her long lost love. I haven't seen dad around for awhile and I was thankful. Everyone had to give up and let go. I sucked in a calming breath and closed my eyes. I have been so happy for the past couple of weeks. Why was I making such a big deal out of this? Suck it up, Avery. You have only known the new Luka for a couple of weeks. I had to let him do whatever he wanted. 

My tears stopped and I lifted my moms head so she could look at me. 

"Mom, I think it's about time we moved out of here."

*      *      *      *       *

Luka

 The sound of my school bell rang. 

I threw my load of papers on top of my desk. Harry and John were sitting on the desk in front of me. Josh and I haven't spoken since that night, I was still pissed. 

"Hey, why don't we loosen up the tension?" Harry laughed it off. I glared at him and he shut it trap. "Well, you know how things are. . ."

"Harry, shut the hell on up." I snapped and stood up. John put his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Dude, you can't get in on other peoples business."

Harry sighed.

"I'm not hanging out today." I said and tossed the papers into my bag. 

"What about Jane?" Harry asked.

"What about her?" I grunted. Harry and John glanced at each other. 

"You know, that's kind of black mailing you, right?" Harry tapped the pencil he had in his hand to his lips. "Bro, you can call the cops."

"Yeah, but his parents want him to be with her." John added.

"What about that girl you brought to my party? You seriously need to fix things up because I can't stand this shit." Harry threw the pencil at the wall. The teacher glared at him and he grinned back at him. 

"I don't really care, I'm going home." I threw my bag over my shoulder and headed out the classroom door. The hallways were empty, a few stragglers were getting into their lockers. The group of girls I passed were whispering my name. I even say one of the girls lockers have my picture taped all over the side of it.

I gagged. 

Harry's right. I could have just sued her. A big lawsuit would have been filed and I would have thrown everything at her. Of course my parents would be pissed and probably con-damn me to the pits of hell for eternity and all the rest of the world for dumping a very popular girl 'Ms. Popular star of the year'. 

But I didn't. 

I didn't go to Avery's house like I had planned to and went with Jane. I choose Jane. I didn't want to face Avery that day. I could have said 'to hell with it' and ran to her, but then what? Truthfully, I was deathly afraid.