Chapter Three: Our Meeting.

Luka

  I was driving down the road from my school, and just happened to pass the old park I used to run away to. 

I flipped a U-turn and parked my car in front of the gate. I shoved my hands into my jacket pockets when I got out. I stared at the black gate with the metal spikes at the ends. Childhood memories came to mind and I locked my BMW to walk into the gate. She was the first friend I had, I can remember now. Her name was Avery, and she was crying. My hand brushed my hair back from my eyes and I shook my head in disbelief.

"Why did I come here?" I said out loud. I walked over to the swing set and sat down on it. My shoes dug into the sand below as I stared at them. I suddenly had a strange feeling that someone was watching me and I glanced around the small park. A cold breeze blew by when I spotted a girl walking along side the gate. 

I quickly stood up, watching as her hand ran across the bars and I studied her back and long hair. Her hair was the same color, but straighter, longer. Probably grew over the years. She was skinny, had a slender and sexy body. Wait, what am I thinking?

That can't be her. 

I was being stupid, and I turned my back to her and headed back to my BMW. I stopped once more to look back at her, she wasn't there. Gone. My heart started to hurt, but I ignored the urge to chase her down. My fingers hung out the sides of my jeans pocket when I put my thumbs in them. Taking a deep breath in, I unlocked my car. Beep beep beep. I opened the driver door and folded in, turned it on, and took off around the corner. My one hand that steered the wheel gripped it tightly and I rolled down my window to feel the night's breeze slap me in the face.

I flashed my lights on, driving down the road. I saw something jump out into the street, and I was heading right towards them.

"Shit!" I hollered and swerved the BMW off the road and into a ditch. My head hit the wheel, but I didn't know what happened after that.

When I reopened my eyes, the BMW was at a complete stop and front first into the three foot ditch. 

I didn't know how long I was out for, but I was thinking about my wrecked BMW now. I had to get out of the car to make sure I didn't kill anyone, but I couldn't. My head hurt like hell and I leaned back on the seat to feel the blood trickle down my face. Wiping the blood from my mouth, I searched for the lever to open the car door frantically. 

Found it.

I pushed it open and stepped out of the car to see the scratches and dents left in the front. "Damn it!" I pounded on the top of the car. I looked out to the middle of the road, to see if the person was okay. She was crouching down, trembling like crazy. She was staring at me with her hazel eyes and her hands were gripping her long brown hair, as if she was about to pull it out. I rubbed the back of my head. I didn't know what to do when a person was in shock.

"Hey! Look what you did to my car, you fucking bitch! I'm going to sue you, sue your family, and ruin your life!" Was what I wanted to say, but it came out like this;

"Hey. Look, it's okay. I'm fine, I'm not dead; see?" I put my hands in the air and waved them around. She seemed to have snapped out of her trance and was looking me straight in the eyes.

"Do I know you?"

*      *      *      *      *

Avery

  I was so sure I looked both ways before I crossed the street, but then it happened.

   The lights of a car flickered on and I turned my head just in time to see my doom.

There was no time to scream, or get out of the way. All I could do was stand there and think about the lights that were heading towards me. The car swerved and landed into a ditch, smoking in the front. I was in total shock, and fell into a crouch in the middle of the road, not even thinking I might get hit by the other cars.

"Oh my God, what have I done?" I whispered. I killed someone. I know it, now my life is over. I can't go on living like this.

My hands reached to the top of my head to grip my thick hair. My eyes stared at the un-moving car in the ditch, and I desperately wanted someone to come out. I forgot how long it was until someone did, but I wasn't really paying that much attention.

"Hey. Look, I'm not dead; see?" A guy with pitch black hair, ocean blue eyes stepped out of the car and was looking at me worriedly. My thoughts were gone after seeing him, Luka?

"Do I know you?" I breathed. He looked like he was taken a back by my response, but shook his head and shrugged.

"Maybe, maybe not. What kind of question is that after I almost ran you over and I almost got killed?" He glared at me. I winced. 

"Oh! Oh my God I'm so sorry-" I didn't really know what I was saying, I didn't know what to say. I was now thinking about my parents, oh no. My parents! They are going to kill me, they are.

My hands started to tremble and the guy put his hand to his head in disbelief. "Unbelievable, why did you just jump out in front of me, I don't know what I'm going to-" I stopped him when I ran over and grabbed him by the shirt.

"Please don't file anything, I'll pay you myself! You can count on it. I just don't want this spreading! So don't call the cops, please! Please don't!" I fell onto my knees and he looked down at me, bewildered. I chocked on my own sobs. I didn't want to get beaten up, grounded, get my phone taken away and my life. I sat there, crying. Crying like I never had before. A lot of times I just cry, but this one was breaking me from the inside.

He stood there in silence as I sobbed and gripped onto his jeans. All of the sudden he backed away from my grip and I fell to the floor on my hands. My tears wouldn't stop coming and my nose wouldn't stop running. 

My heart stopped.

My breathing stopped when I felt hands bring me closer to his warm body. My head was resting on his shoulder, and his arms were wrapped around my waist. I didn't say anything. I stopped crying and I stared out into the forest just behind us. My hands hung helplessly down below, but I could smell his sweet colon and feel his muscular body. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe this guy was hugging me, and I liked it. 

"Please don't cry, I hate it when you cry." He whispered. My mouth opened, like I was about to say something; but nothing came out. My thoughts were running all over the place as I crouched there, with a guy holding my close to him. It felt warm, really warm.

It felt like this had happened somewhere before, where was it?