Chapter Twenty Two: Tough Choice

After getting the keys to unlock all four of us from the chains we had on, we all left with a piece of a medallion. I thought back there, Joey was going to say that he wants to put me into the challenge. But surprisingly, he said his own name instead. I was kind of afraid for a second, but not anymore after hearing what he had to say.

Back with the Others

When we arrived back with the group, they told us that they had a piece of a medallion and a note too.

To claim the final piece of the medallion, build a monument to decide upon the pieces needed throughout the maze. Your guardian angel will search the maze for the pieces you'll use. The first to complete their monument will receive the medallion; while the other will be torn to pieces.

After reading the note, it was time to vote. Alex pulled me away from the group for a second and held up my hands to kiss them both. "Whatever happens, at least I got to be with you for tonight...", he told me. I immediately started to break into tears, as I looked back up and smiled. "Oh, Alex...", I said. "Genesis? Alex? What are you two doing?", Joey asked. Me and Alex acted natural, as I went up to place in my vote.

My Confession: I decided to vote for Joey to go into the maze. Because he's already betrayed me! And I feel like he needs to be taught a lesson for going behind my back.

After Alex placed in his vote, he came back over to me, and I hugged him to feel a bit relaxed. I then looked at the sorceress, as she pulled out the front card. "The Duchess!", she said. I looked at Colleen's face, and she was shocked. I was shocked too; why would somebody want her to die? The sorceress then took out the second card, and I held onto Alex so tightly. "The Aviator.", she said again. My heart was officially broken after hearing who else was going in. "Baby hater!", Brentman told him. After getting the two voted in, they had to pick a guardian angel: Colleen chose Matt, and Alex chose Nikita. Once they chose who was going with them, all four of them went into the maze. However, I stopped Alex so I can hug and kiss him one last time. "I hope you come back...", I whispered to him. "I hope so too...", he told me. After hearing his voice, he went inside the maze. I then broke into tears, as I turned around to see everyone staring at me. "What?...", I asked them all.

My Confession: I honestly don't care about what others think anymore! The only thing I want more than getting out of here alive, is Alex!

Back in the Lounge

I waited with anticipation for someone to come back alive. "I had no idea that you two had "a thing" for each other...", Joey said to me. I turned around and looked at him seriously. "Well at least I know that he'll protect me!", I said. After that, I just kept on waiting.

My Confession: My blood pressure is all the way up high, and my heart feels like its going to explode. I love Colleen and all, but I just hope that Alex makes it out alive. And I swear, if I find out that Joey put his name into the pile, then there's going to be a problem...

After hearing the doors opening, I immediately break down into tears. Because when the doors opened, Alex came in with the fifth jeweled key. I ran up to him, and he kissed me like mad crazy. I could tell, because I felt his hands going all the way down my back. After kissing him, I looked back at the others. "So if Colleen is dead, then where's Matt?", I asked. "Matpat's gone...", Nikita told us. I placed my hand on my mouth and couldn't believe it. He couldn't have died with Colleen too. I saw the look on Ro's face, and she was upset. "Brentman, I'm sorry...", Nikita told Brentman. I could tell that she didn't want him to deal with this crazy mission anymore, and I honestly didn't blame her. "Bitch, you got me stuck here!", Brentman told her. "I'm going to get you out.", Nikita told him again. "You better!", Brentman said. After hearing the two of them talk, Alex went up to put in the fifth key. I then walk up to a box to find a genie lamp inside it, and a note as well. "Wishes are not free.", I read. "I wish a bitch would!", Brentman said.

My Confession: I know for a fact that I'm not going to last long on this mission, so I have to at least try to avoid anything that involves death. But while I am, there's just one thing that I need to do for myself: Get rid of Joey, and escape out of here alive with Alex...