Chapter Twenty Six: Escape the Night, Tonight!

I woke up to find myself back at the museum. However, I was on the ground floor in front of the museum. "How am I back?... I thought I died from that sword and...... Wait, am I?.... I'm still here because this is purgatory....", I told myself while looking around. I now realize why I'm not in Hell: Because I've been sent to purgatory instead. Meaning that, I'm only alive here. I got up a bit to look around, and I saw a broken piece of mirror in front of where I was. And when I looked at my reflection, I saw that my look changed a lot. I still had on the makeup, but I didn't have on my wig anymore. Instead, my real dark brown hair was high up in a ponytail. My white dress was also gone, and it's been replaced with a black leather top and shorts that were knee high. I also had on black leather gloves and boots to match. And what was mostly surprising, was that there was a steel sledgehammer next to me.

As I picked up the hammer, I was so confused on what was going on

As I picked up the hammer, I was so confused on what was going on. "This doesn't make any sense. I don't remember putting this outfit on. And- Wait! My wound!", I said until I remembered my scar on my stomach. But when I looked down, I didn't see my scar or any blood. "It's.... Gone...", I said. I then looked up at the museum and thought to myself about what's happened so far. First, I get into a fight with Joey. Then, I get Alex as my boyfriend. And now, I'm dead and still in purgatory. I started to cry a bit after remembering everything. Even when I spoke to Joey one last time before I slipped away. "I still can't believe it.... What have I done to him?....", I said while continuing to cry a bit.

Song: Once Upon a Time (Only in MY Version for the Story)

Here you are alone, and
you deserve it. You ended
up dead. And that was on you.
You had a choice to make, but
did you make it? Still, can you
see yourself as a person that
wasn't you?

This not your friend's fault
that he died. And no, don't
blame yourself for one
sacrifice. So if I make it
out alive, I'll make sure
that I survive the night!

I will Escape the Night, to
work real harder. I'll
Escape the Night, to set
things right. I'll escape the
darkest voice, that plays my
thoughts, like a toy! Yes, I will
Escape the Night, Tonight!

I then get up from the ground and start to walk to the river that's right next to the museum. Just looking back at it reminded me of what I did to the necklace Joey gave me.

The mission that I got, left
me unworthy. Betrayals,
fights, and love, lead me
to death. The life that I see
now, just makes me worry. How can
I live with myself if I'm already dead?

I take a good look at the clear water and see something sparkling at the bottom. Turns out that it's my necklace.

This is not the sorceress dark desire.
And no, it's not the Collector's
heart on fire. So even if I'm meant
to stay, I'll make sure to help save the day!

After spotting the necklace, I take two steps back and jump into the water to get it.

I will Escape the Night, to
work real harder. I'll
Escape the Night, to set
things right. I'll escape the
darkest voice, that plays my
thoughts, like a toy! Yes, I will
Escape the Night, Tonight!

After going underwater to get back what's mine, I swim up to the surface for air and to get out of the freezing water. I then look at the crystal and placed it back around my neck.

My life maybe different now.
But I can fix it again. I'll take the
words and erase what I said.
I'm sure that I can guarantee,
I'll make things right, once he sees.
And soon will be, back together, once again!
Together, once again!

After putting back on my necklace, I walk to the museum and stop at the staircase. I then turn around to look at the night sky and getting memories from what happened to me last year when I was on my first mission with Joey.

I will Escape the Night, to
work real harder. I'll
Escape the Night, to set
things right. I'll escape the
darkest voice, that plays my
thoughts, like a toy! Yes, I will
Escape the Night. I will Escape
the Night! I swear, I will
Escape the Night, Tonight!

After remembering last year all the way up to here now, I turn back to the museum and ran inside to see everyone again.