Chapter Fourteen: True Feelings

Back in the Lounge

After getting back to the lounge, me and the girls saw that the guys were back. "Ro is about to get married.", Colleen told them. Joey was confused at first, but then Colleen explained to him everything. "Yeah, and let me just say that the emperor is nothing more but such a jerk! I mean, what kind of person could reject me and my personality?", I said while sitting down on the couch. "Obviously, no one. If I was him, I would choose you in a second.", Alex whispered to me. I started to blush and smile at him; he was just so sweet. The guys then explained where were they, and what they had to do in order to escape. "Samurais, huh? Wow...", I said while giggling a bit. But as I did, we all screamed as these two people with swords came inside the lounge. I hid behind Alex and saw what these people wanted. However, they said that they wanted to kill the emperor and take the kingdom. So I was guessing that they're good guys. "We'll need the spear.", one of the men said. The guys were thinking about giving them the weapon they had, and maybe trust them a bit. "I think we can trust them. Here you go.", Joey said while giving them the weapon. They then exchanged the weapon for a note. "See you at the wedding.", one of the men said while leaving the room. After watching them leave, everyone huddled around to see what the note said.

The Emperor demands he be entertained at his wedding, and desires to see a duel to the death. Two must be selected by vote to battle for the Emperor's pleasure. Choose your champions wisely.

After reading the note, we all started to think about who should go in. "I just want to say, Alex failed miserably outside, and I feel like that should speak for itself.", Joey told us as I heard Alex feeling a bit bad. "No! You can't!", I shouted out loud as everyone looked at me for a second. I didn't mean to raise my voice that loud, and I didn't mean for everyone to stay quiet and look at me. "You... Can't, because I think we all need to think for ourselves...", I said to the others without looking a bit guilty. Afterwards, we all decided to talk amongst ourselves.

My Confession: Okay, I have no idea what came over me. I mean, I'm not saying that I refused to have everyone vote in Alex because I find him cu- SENSITIVE! I find him very sensitive, to the group...

After talking for two minutes, it was time to vote. When it was my turn next to vote someone in, I couldn't decide at all. The girls and I agreed to not vote for each other, so that was out. And I didn't want to vote for Alex, so that was out too. Joey and I are still in an alliance until the others come, so that was mostly out. And Brentman is my friend, so that leaves him out too. Which meant that the only person left to vote for, was DeStorm. I still didn't trust him after what happened at the last challenge, so I decided to vote him in. After casting in my vote, I went to sit back down. The votes were in, and it was time to see who was going in. "First up, Alex. Second is, DeStorm.", Mortimer said while pulling out the cards. I looked at Alex and DeStorm, and they were both surprised that they got called up. As everyone gave them a hug goodbye, I looked at Alex and whispered something to him. "If you don't making back alive, I'll avenge you.", I told him as he smiled. After hugging him, he then left with DeStorm out the door.

My Confession: I really hope that Alex comes back. Because I really don't think that I could handle to see DeStorm anymore. Yes, he's my friend. But he's been so shady lately. And Alex, well... He's just so sweet and such a gentleman, to me. I think.... I like him...

Ten Minutes Later...

"What was all of that you said before the voting began?", Joey asked me. We were both whispering to each other on the other side of the lounge so no one could hear us, and I could tell that he was in a serious mood to talk about what happened when I shouted to defend Alex. "Joey, I just didn't agree with you on what you said about him.", I said. Joey rolled his eyes and looked back at me. "I'm sorry, but what happened to our "alliance"? You said that you would help defend me until the others arrive, and you almost ruined it.", he said as I got annoyed in just a second. "Don't tell me what I almost did wrong! I'm doing my best to help you, but you're just making it hard for me to think.", I told him off. He then gave me a blank stare, as I went back to sit down on the couch. After hearing the doors opening, I turned around and sighed in relief. Alex came back alive with the third key, and Ro was back as well. This got me to get up and give him a hug. I even saw Joey's face, and he was not amused at all; but I didn't care at all. Alex explained to everyone about what happened to DeStorm, and we were all surprised. I would never think about DeStorm doing something that big in order to save another's life. "We never really thought that you were actually evil.", Joey told Alex. "Yeah right!", I thought in my mind. After getting out of his arms, he went over to place in the next key.

My Confession: As much as I'm happy that Alex is safe, we still have to deal with more to come. And to be honest really, something tells me that Joey is starting to go back to the way he was before. Now I'm starting to think to myself, can I still trust Joey or not anymore?