Chapter Twenty One: A-Maze Love

In the Minotaur's Maze

After me and Alex were taken away from the group, we both get locked up in a maze, and our hands were cuffed together. "Dang it! We need to get out of here!", he said while running towards the gate. However, when he did, he also dragged me hard. "Ow! Alex, I'm chained with you! Remember?!", I reminded him. "Oh, sorry...", he said with a smile. I then rolled my eyes and sat down on the ground. Alex did the same thing, but only because the chain was pulling on him this time. "Hey, are you okay?", he asked me. I looked at him and felt a bit upset after what's happened tonight. "No... I feel like that this night is turning out to be a total nightmare in real life...", I explained. Alex then let out a sigh and looked away for a second. "Yeah, I know what you mean. There's so much drama, betrayals, and considering the fact that you were in a secret alliance with Joey.", he said. "Yeah, that's wh- Uh! Secret alliance? How did- I mean- I was- No, I- Oh shit!", I said to him while feeling a bit stupid at this point. I couldn't believe that he knew, and I couldn't believe that I fell for his talk. "I knew all along, Genesis. You didn't need to explain yourself. Why did you two wanted to betray us so badly?!", Alex asked me as his voice started to change. "Alex, I can explain myself-", I said until he cut me off. "So you mean to tell me that you never cared for any of us? Including me? I don't want to hear anymore lies. Please, just tell me the truth...", Alex said. I took a deep breath and tried to think of something to say. "Alex, I do care for you and for the others. The truth is, Joey wanted me to be in his alliance just so he can escape before anyone else does. And I don't trust him anymore, because I've been getting the feeling that he's been voting me in behind my back. That's why we're not friends anymore.... That's the whole truth. And I couldn't tell anyone because he would have voted me into a challenge and convince everyone else to do the same.", I explained. Alex looked a bit surprised at me, but not a whole lot. For a second, I thought that he was not going to trust me anymore. "Well, you could've just said no to him.", he said. I gave out a smile and looked at Alex again. "I know I could've. But, the thing is, Joey was my best friend. And I trusted him, as he trusted me. And I've always promised to help him with anything he needs. But now that we're not friends anymore, I feel like.... Like....", I said as Alex looked at me strange for a second. I stopped talking after looking up at his eyes; his big gorgeous dark brown eyes. I'm pretty sure that he was doing the same thing to me, because he mostly had his eyes on mine. "Has anyone ever told you that your eyes sparkle like stars whenever they're in the light?...", Alex asked me. His tone sounded so attractive to me. I gave him a tiny smile and looked at the ground for a second. "Please stop...", I said to him. "Stop what?", he asked again. "Stop looking at me like that, it's weird...", I said while putting my wig hair in a high ponytail. Next thing you know, Alex was scooting in closer. "What's so weird about looking at a pretty face?...", he asked me. I immediately started to blush and moved a bit closer to him too. "You know, I don't like boys who flirt with me...", I said while feeling him grabbing my hand. "Who said I was flirting with you?... I'm just being completely honest with you. To be honest really, I never thought that I be in this type of situation with you...", Alex said while moving a bit closer to my face. I was doing the same thing too, and I had my eyes closed. I also felt a hot breath while moving in even more closer. "Me either, I-", I said. But as I was still talking, me and Alex immediately touched lips. I never actually thought that this would happen. As the two of us kissed, I immediately jumped into Alex's arms, and made him fall back on the ground. We were both pretty much making out, at this point. "Alex? Genesis? Where are you two?", I heard Nikita's voice. I then stopped kissing Alex and looked up for a second. "We're somewhere in the maze!", I said quickly. Afterwards, I went back to kissing. As I did, I stopped for a second to see Nikita standing in front of me and Alex. I immediately start to blush as I got off of Alex. "Oh... I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?", she asked. "Uh... No?...", I said in embarrassment. "Okay then. By the way, Alex, you have some leftover lipstick on your mouth...", Nikita said. Alex then wiped off the lipstick on his lips, and we both just looked so embarrassed at this point.

My Confession: I was expecting a nice moment alone with Alex. Not a moment when your best friend sees you on top of the guy your making out with!

"Where are the others?", I asked Nikita. But as she was about to answer me, we all heard Brentman's voice. "We have to answer three riddles in order to escape. I got caught after answering the first one. So now someone else on the other side has to guess the next riddle.", Nikita explained to me and Alex quickly. After getting what she told me, I heard Brentman shout the riddle. "Feed me and I live. Give me a drink and I'll die.", he told us. Nikita thought that it could be a candle, but Alex told Brentman to not listen to her. "Are you kidding me?...", she asked him.

My Confession: Great!... So I get myself a boyfriend for a few minutes, and now he already doesn't get along with one of my best friends.

After waiting for Brentman to get the riddle answered, I heard a crash and screaming at the same time. Next thing you know, Brentman gets captured too, and we all scream after seeing the Minotaur again. All three of us huddled together, as the Minotaur walked away. "So, what I miss?", Brentman asked. "Just these two making love.", Nikita told him. However, I pushed her a bit and started to blush a lot. "Shut up! That's not even close to what we did.", I told her. "Hopefully Joey comes into save us...", Brentman told us. However, I looked a bit down this time. "Guys, there's something I need to tell you two.", I said while looking even more sadder.

My Confession: I figure that it was time for the both of them to know the truth about Joey. Especially to Nikita; considering that she's here now, and that she could be next to die.

"Do not trust Joey, at all... He's out to get me killed...", I explained. Brentman looked a bit confused at me, and Nikita thought of my statement as crazy. "Bitch, what the hell are you talking about?", Brentman asked me. But before I got to tell them, we all heard Joey's voice. He said that he was in the maze, and that he was coming to save us. The gurus helped him out with the last riddle, while Alex hugged me in order to relax out of fear.

My Confession: I could tell that I'm going to die, after what I told Joey earlier. And I know for a fact that he's going to convince everyone else to vote for me, in order to die next. Hopefully, he won't convince Alex... Now that we're.... Boyfriend and girlfriend....

After getting the last riddle down, Joey came into where we were, and read the note he had with him.

   You must make a choice before claiming a portion of the medallion. Someone must pay the price for those who failed in the maze. To release your friends, either your name must go into the voting pile, or theirs. If you offer up your friends, you'll be given immunity. Will you be a hero or a coward?

We all stood quietly after hearing what the note said. I grabbed Alex's hand and got nervous.

My Confession: Well that's it, I'm going to die...