Chapter Eight: Keep Silent!

In the back of the Museum

Joey and I walked outside and felt the cold night air. He then looked at me and saw that I was upset. "Are you okay?", he asked me. "Not really... This just doesn't make any sense at all. Why didn't the portal stay open for the rest of them? We need them in order to make it out of here.", I explained. I even felt like crying, but I didn't. Joey then placed his hand on my left cheek and fixed my hair. "Genesis, I know. But until they come, we have to stick together as one. Not just that, but if they don't make it here in time before six in the morning, we're goners. Which is why, I have a plan: We form a secret alliance to keep the both of us alive and try to not get voted into a challenge.", Joey whispered to me. My eyes lite up after hearing what he had to say. "An alliance? Against everyone else? Joey, why would you want that?", I asked him. And just by looking at his facial expressions, I could tell that he was going to lie to me. "Well, because we need to wait for the others to get here, and nobody can trust me anymore. You're the only person I got.", he explained. I then rolled my eyes and looked at him again. "You have got to be kidding me... Don't tell me that you're putting everyone's lives in danger again just to save your own!", I said to him in a harsh tone. "Shh!!! What makes you think that? I'm here to save all of our friends. But what I'm trying to tell you is that I need someone to have my back until we actually get out of here. And out of everyone here, you're the only one who still cares and believes in me.", he said. "So what do you want me to do? Just lie to everyone and say that you didn't mean none of those deaths back in the past? Especially last year when you had that contract-", I told him until he cut me off. Joey grabbed my shoulders and pulled me close to him in anger. "Not all of them know about what happened to me last year, so just keep your mouth shut or I'll make you!", he whispered angrily at me. I got scared for a second as he went back to normal. He let go of my shoulders and took a breath to calm down. "I'm sorry...", he apologized as I placed my left hand on my right shoulder. "Joey, the past is still eating you alive. No wonder why you're acting like this. I'm sure that if you tell everybody-", I said to him until he cut me off again. "No! I'm not telling them about anything! Especially you, too! So just do me a favor, and keep silent!", he said to me in anger again. I honestly didn't know what to tell him at this point. Considering the fact that he's acting all angry for some reason, and that he's yelling at me because I try to talk to him. "Genesis... I'm sorry again. Now do you see why I need you by my side?... Please, just help me keep this a secret between us. Just only until the others get here... Because at the point, I don't know what to do...", Joey said in a disappointing tone. I looked at him for a moment and tried to think for myself. I loved and cared for Joey ever since we've became friends, and I've always promised to help him no matter what. But how is lying and keeping a secret from the entire group, going to make anything better when it's not? After thinking about it for a minute, I looked at Joey and placed my arms on his shoulders. He did the same thing, and looked at me with his shiny green eyes. "Joey, I'm only doing this because I care for you. But just remember, I'm going to regret doing this while I'm working with you.", I told him as he smiled. He then gave me a hug and started to tear up a bit on my shoulder. "Thank you... You're the best...", he told me as I weakly smiled. He then lifted his face up and smiled at me. "Alright, we should probably head back to the group now.", I told him. But as I was about to leave, he stopped me for a second. "Wait, I just have to ask you something: Remember last year when I saved you? Did the kiss- Well, you know... Mean anything to you?", he asked me. I immediately started to blush after hearing what he just asked me. "W-What?! No, of course not! Why, did you feel something?", I said to him. "No, of course not. That was just only to save you. And besides, I'm over it.", Joey said. "Yeah, me too. Even if we do it again, I won't feel nothing.", I said as Joey agreed with me. And just like that, we both went for it immediately. I closed my eyes as he pulled me in close to him. After about ten seconds, we both looked at each other and didn't feel anything. "See? I told you: Nothing!", I told him as he smiled. "Yeah, me either. Besides, I'm gay. Anyway, we should head back to see if one of the girls came back.", he said. Joey then let go of my shoulders and started to walk away. But all I did was look at the night sky. "Genesis?", he called me as I looked at him. "I'll be in soon. Give me a minute.", I told him. "Okay, but make sure you're back inside, otherwise the group might get suspicious.", Joey told me while going back inside the museum. "I will! Just try not to look suspicious either. Otherwise you're in trouble. And so am I....", I said while watching him close the door. I then looked down at the ground and start to sing about how I feel at this point; still thinking to myself about what have I just agreed on and why.

Song: Speechless (Part 1)

Here comes a wave, meant to
wash me away. A tide that is taking me under. Broken again. Left with nothing to say.
My voice drowned out, in the thunder.

I then see a broken piece of mirror on the ground and saw my reflection in it.

But I can't cry. And I can't start
to crumble. Whenever he tries.
To shut me or cut me down.

After looking at my reflection, I pull out the crystal necklace around my neck and see it sparkle in the moonlight.

I can't stay silent! But he wants
to keep me quiet. And I trample
when he tries it.

I then put the crystal back in my dress and go to sit down at a stone bench; where there are some fireflies I see.

All I know... Is I won't...
Go speechless...

After picking up one of the fireflies and petting it, I let it go and it flies away into the night sky. As it did, I sighed a bit and still thought about what I had just agreed on. Now my only chances are escaping and not telling anyone about what only me and Joey know.

Back Inside the Lounge

I got back inside to hear everything talking about what time it was now. I took a glance at the clock and saw that it was now midnight. "Last time we were here, it was at ten o'clock. The sun comes up at six o'clock in the morning. This thing is going to turn all of us into dust. Well, all of you to dust. Cause I'm not dying!", DeStorm told the group as I heard Ro say that she needs to breathe. "Well I'm just confused. Because I thought Joey said that he was coming here to save us. And now, one by one, we're getting picked off of.", Colleen said. "Okay, well things change, okay?", Joey told the group. All I did was just stay silent and looked at bit guilty still. "I know that this is the same thing, Joey. What are you talking about?", Timothy argued.

My Confession: It is really hard to see all of my friends argue about how they're all going to get out of here, if Joey promised that he would save them all.

We all then heard the backdoor opening, and Mortimer came in along with Tana. We all gasped as she came inside with the first jeweled key. I placed my hands over my mouth and couldn't believe that Justine was dead. "So you kind of killed her, but you really didn't?", Brentman asked Tana. "No, but for sure did.", Gabbie said. "Wait, guys. There's- Like- She's really gone.", Joey said as I got even more shocked than ever. "Joey, where did she go?", Ro asked as I got upset at this point. "She's in Hell! The paper said Hell! So that means she's gone forever!", I shouted at the group while starting to get tears to go down my face.

My Confession: I wasn't ready for this at all. Justine was one of my best friends, and now it sucks that she died for no apparent reason at all.

"Let's do it! Baby girl, come on. Grab the key.", Timothy and DeStorm told Tana. Now that she got the first key, it was time to put it in the first lock of the vault. "Wait! Don't you guys understand what's about to happen? As soon as she puts that in there, one of the exhibits is going to get unleashed.", Colleen reminded everyone. Even Tana agreed with her. "Okay, Justine didn't die for nothing. Just put it in the slot.", Joey told Tana. This got me to look at him for a second. "She was your best friend, as well as mine too...", I said in my mind. As Tana placed the key inside the vault, a spark of electricity and light happened inside the keyhole. Next thing you know, a chest opens behind us. Alex went to get what was inside, and showed us that it was a coin. As we all looked at the coin, I saw him give it to Joey and started walking towards the backdoor. "Woah, look at that. Look at the fog!", Alex said while making to the door. "Alex, what are you doing?! Alex! ALEX!", I said until I screamed in fear. Because when Alex went to go open the door, a creepy bird-like creature grabbed him by the neck.

My Confession: It seems that we just found out what the next exhibit is going to be...