Chapter Twenty-Five: The End

A year has passed since I professed my undying love for Jack and quite frankly a lot has happened

A year has passed since I professed my undying love for Jack and quite frankly a lot has happened. After a couple months, he basically coerced me into moving into his house promptly packing up my things and living the elegant dream. I loved the neighborhood, taking walks, venturing through the forest in the backyard, and getting to know some of our neighbors.

We had our daily routines, though, they weren't redundant and laborious. They were rather thrilling and exciting, seemingly surprised by his antics or information he brought along that day. He would come home after me most of the time, walking up and wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing me deeply. We had our little feuds, but it wasn't anything one of us wouldn't apologize for.

My parents seemed to grow more and more comfortable around him, my dad practically taking him in as his own. In fact, my mom ended up letting up and allowing the birthday party to be celebrated at my dads. As well, my dad permitted Julian's attendance but warned my mom not to let Will come if Lydia and him were back together. Which they weren't, something Will told me he wouldn't do.

Luke couldn't stop laughing at the pictures I picked out, throwing his head back and shaking his head. He stood up and pulled me in for a bear hug, chuckling lightly as he promised he would put them on his wall. And he did, proudly displaying them all over as I had constructed a pretty hefty amount.

Lately, however, my dad, Luke, and Jack were hanging out without me, hiding something up their sleeve as my own birthday was approaching. I did my best to play it off, though, Jack could tell I was suspicious. But, he had his own plans to worry about, not assuring me or trying to make up a dense lie. My mind brushed over the fact that Jack could be planning an engagement, but I could tell he was still too hesitant.

I thought about this as the pan sizzled, notifying me the chicken had been done and it was time to take it off. After I placed it on the plate, Jack's voice emerged from the window, "Sweetheart." He shortly walked in through the back, wearing some jeans and a plain shirt, observing my stance by the stove.

"Yes?"

"Could you come out for a second. It will only take a minute I want to show you something," He assured as he knew I was hungry, beckoning me over with his hand. I sighed and allowed it, setting the prongs down and walking over to him. A big grin installed on his features and he took my hand, leading me outside.

"Where are you taking me?"

He just smirked silently to himself, taking a place behind me as he gripped my hips. "Close your eyes." I did as I was told before feeling his own hands being placed over my view, still guiding me further into the forest.

We continued until suddenly the sound of a boardwalk echoed, making my eyebrows furrow and my lips to part. Jack released his hands, "Don't open yet, okay?" I hummed in response, keeping them shut even though I desperately wanted to open them.

"Adaline," He began, the swaying of water sounding from beside us, "throughout my whole life, I never thought I would find a true soulmate like you. You're funny, you're sweet, you're sexy. You bring a smile to my face every damn day, and like you've said, it's gonna be hard, but so far I think we've done pretty well." I giggled and he released a nervous chuckle.

I think I know where this is going.

"You bring me genuine joy and happiness, and I can't go another day without the promise of you and me forever." I couldn't help but gasp and open my eyes, gazing around and seeing all the roses and candles blanketing the boardwalk. We had been standing at the edge, a little lake surrounding us. Jack was kneeled to his knee, his hand holding a velvet box with a beautiful diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?" Immediately the water works started, the tears seeping down as I pull my hands to my face.

"Yes," I belted out, a cry following along as he grins and sweeps me off my feet, embracing me. When he pulled away, he slid the ring on, allowing it to glimmer against the setting sun.

"I love you, Jack," I picked my head up, gazing deeply into his eyes as he smiled and pecked my lips.

"I love you, Adaline. Forever."

Thank you everyone that decided to give this a chance! I know it's been a work in progress and I finally came around to the end. There was suppose to be another chapter after this, but quite frankly, I've been so unmotivated so I'm sorry if this didn't end the way you wanted! If you couldn't tell, my chapters have been rather meek and short and that's because I'm having the worst creativity crash. I seriously cannot write hahah. But I just can't thank you guys enough for all the support, it really means the world.

Much love♥️
Rosie