Chapter Five: You're Not My Type

The time prospered like a growing flower, embracing new adventures and extracting me from a bleak, dismalling time in my life

The time prospered like a growing flower, embracing new adventures and extracting me from a bleak, dismalling time in my life. There was a new, innovated smile that stretched across my lips with this sense of pure happiness. Sure it encompassed some struggles with tears and uncertainty, but the bi-product vanquished all of it. I'd never felt more stimulating and lively than when I purchased my own apartment and eradicated Will's last name.

My maiden name was instead supplemented and it demolished the last attachments I had to the man. When everything was finalized and he signed away the marriage he obliterated, I had politely wished him the best, but determined that we wouldn't see each other again. He, of course, tried to deem otherwise, but I didn't give him the time of day, interrupting him and saying it wasn't up for discussion.

He clenched his jaw with anger and turned on his heels, stalking away from the courthouse with the papers crinkling in his hands. I rolled my eyes at his childish antics as he knew he couldn't speak upon it. He had no place to make that decision, thus pouting and hoping I would give him the attention. I wouldn't ever do that to myself, not with my psychological background.

So, my life continued and my outlook had greatly altered. Bridget had brought me out of my comfort zone, introducing me to some of her friends she'd told me about previously. I never realized how much of a housewife I truly was until I experienced the nightly outings and casual dinners with new people. It was a breath of fresh air and an exhilarating endurance, bringing me back to my college days before Will.

You could say I sort of let go of the wheel and let life dictate the next move. It was challenging to sit back, but after the uncertain anxiousness, I was able to relinquish myself to the flow of things.

Bridget was aware of my newfound freespirit, certainly taking advantage of it with a wicked smirk on her lips. One night, we had finished our last clients at a similar time, walking out of our offices with our keys in hand. Her eyes lit up once she recognized my figure, her hand retreating from the door.

"Adaline, just who I wanted to talk to," She exulted, her polished fingers grabbing ahold of her hip.

I quirked my brow at this, turning my attention back towards my door as I flipped through the metal keys. "What are you doing tomorrow night," her tone was devious, the grin sort of giving away her intentions. She slowly approached me as if I was the prey to her amusement, her heels clicking loudly against the wooden floor.

"Well it depends, what are you planning?"

She let out a low chuckle, coming to a stop once she was directly to the side of me, leaning her body against the wall. I flickered my eyes up towards her, discerning to glint of mischief in her big brown eyes, "I've been talking to this cute guy—he's older, something you would probably be into. And he wants to go on a date and I thought it would be a perfect idea to take you with me."

I turned the key into the door with a sigh leaving my lips, "I don't know Bridge, I haven't been on a date since Will."

"