Chapter Fifteen: Reassurance

The time drifted by like a bird in the wind, though, it experienced minor turbulence amongst the way

The time drifted by like a bird in the wind, though, it experienced minor turbulence amongst the way. Jack and I had been seeing each other for some time now, stumbling upon minor tiffs and fighting like two hard headed people. Obviously these weren't enough to break us, because at the end of the night, he would come over and force me to look at him, kissing my lips with this humble apology. Inevitably, I would sigh and give up the tough act, realizing just how foolish our little fights were.

He learned more about my past relationship as well, somehow discerning just how much I used to love Will. I think he would find himself in a pit of insecurity because of these discussions, staring downward towards the ground with his eyebrows furrowed. That's when I would tell him there's a reason the relationship didn't work out and why Will couldn't sustain his man power when it came to my sister.

"It was boring for him," I would shrug it off, though, the ounce of pain would shoot through my heart. Jack would stare deeply into my eyes and shake his head like it was the most idiotic thing he'd heard. But to me, it made the most sense it the world--there wasn't any burning passion like Jack and I's relationship.

"What about you? Was it boring for you?" This was the question that made me tense up and somehow grow immensely uncomfortable. It was like if I agree to it, and somehow side with Will, than he had won the entire time. He would have reasonable cause to fuck my sister, which was something that would cause me to blame myself again. And that in itself was draining. But eventually, my head bobbed up and down and I gazed over to Jack, admitting that it wasn't the most entertaining.

The sex had been firey and passionate, especially when it was on the basis of makeup sex. Jack knew his way around a woman, though that wasn't the most pleasant thing to think about. We weren't like crazy animals or anything, just somehow becoming stimulated in someway to lead us to my kitchen counter or the shower.

Of course we had our regular date nights and cheesy little gifts here and there, even arranging a time to meet up with Bridget and Beck. It was obvious they were still growing accustomed to our relationship, but we all hit it off and had a fun night--something less tense than our night at the restaurant. They were outgoing and carefree people, giving both of us a breath of fresh air from the intensity of our relationship.

I hadn't heard anything from Will since that night, nor have I seen Lydia for that matter. Of course my mother would invite me for dinner when it came around to it, but my mind wasn't in the right place to be sitting across from them again. Everything was blissful in my life at this moment, and I wasn't going to let their dishonorable relationship bring me anymore stress right now.

Therefore, tonight I decided to swing by Jack and I's favorite frozen yogurt place and surprise him at his office. It had been a long day for him, dealing with some financial situations and people quitting for some new corporation opening downtown. He'd called me when he finally got around to it, declaring it was going to be a long afternoon and that he was going to come over when he finished up a few things.