Chapter Sixteen: Thick Tensions

There's this substantial spirit of inquiry flowing through my veins as the houses begin to swell in size, the streets lined with these gorgeous, brimful trees

There's this substantial spirit of inquiry flowing through my veins as the houses begin to swell in size, the streets lined with these gorgeous, brimful trees. It's perspicuous that development designers put forth an immense amount of money to bring such a charming, tasteful community, emphasizing the aesthetic of the exteriors. The green grass had been freshly cut and emitting such a natural, lovely scent, cleanly surrounding the modern, Victorian style houses.

The sun was setting and casting this orange-blue color over the unique constructions, the street lamps beginning to flicker on as I glanced down towards my phone for directions. Jack wasn't shy of the wealthy life, and it was very comprehensible just by the quality of his community. I was aware of his earnings, but I never expected something as stunning as this, unconditionally blow away as I approached my destination.

"Your destination is on the right," The female, monotone voice notifies me, bringing me out of my enthrallment. My eyes slowly gaze to the right, slightly widened as I trace the large exterior with confoundment. It's considerably large, and absolutely breathtaking, possessing qualities I'd ogled over on pinterest.

As I'd mentioned before, it's retains the elegant Victorian style, yet, having a twist of some modern antics. For example, though it still possesses some olive green, paneled walls, it also showcases these modern stone bricks, accenting the chimney and one of the outlets. The windows are emphasized with either some white paint or some black, stylish shutters. The roofs are placed at a heightened length, and there's this domed room painted a bright, clean white and finished with a pointed roof. The driveway is layed with an expensive looking stone, and landscaped with various plants and flowers.

"Holy shit," I muttered under my breath whilst driving up the driveway, directly parallel from the front door. Before I even get a chance to text Jack my arrival, he emerges from the front door and gives me a charming smile, locking the door behind him and beginning towards the car. His hair was done up with slight gel, framing his face nicely while his scruff had transpired more than the last time. He was wearing a pair of dark wash jeans and a white t-shirt, something that would make me weak in the knees if I was standing.

He yanked the door open and swiftly slide into the passenger side, his cologne immediately sifting into my nose. It was a yummy, masculine smell I couldn't decipher, taking a large whiff while he grabbed the seatbelt from the side. "You ready," I inquired with a nervous expression, knowing this wasn't his ideal Friday night.

He chuckled and peered over to my tensed body, slowly taking in my appearance, "I don't care that Will's going to be there, Adi. I just want to spend time with you and meet your family." This relaxed me and I couldn't help but feel the smile forming on my lips, the pride eminent in my thoughts.

He took the silent opportunity to wrap his fingers around my jaw and beckon me into him, connecting our lips and shooting minor sparks throughout my body. I giggled and rolled my eyes, feeling his dominant hand releasing and allowing me to begin driving. We peeled out of his classy neighborhood, though, not before I could make a comment on it's character. He grinned like a prideful little athlete displaying his trophy with a hint of humbleness.