"again, i'm not complaining." taehyung said, sitting up a bit and wincing at the pain. "and it's just a small bruise, it'll go away."

"can i get you anything?" jungkook asked. his eyes never left the brunette as he shifted on the couch and continued to wince, it was very slight, he seemed to be good at not showing it. but there was a slight wrinkle that appeared between his eyebrows and his lip would turn white from biting the inside of it.

taehyung just shook his head and laid down on his back, using the armrest of the couch as a pillow. "i'm okay, thank you kook."

"i'm still gonna get you something." jungkook nodded and got up to go to the kitchen. he wasn't about to be a bad host and on top of that a bad friend who was clearly in pain.

"you weren't at the smoothie cafe today." taehyung said, a bit louder to make sure the boy could hear him from the kitchen.

jungkook was pulling various things out of the pantry and fridge, making sure there was a variety in case taehyung didn't like something. "hoseok doesn't let me work on the weekends."

"doesn't let you?" taehyung repeated. that sounded dumb. if the kid wanted to do something, let him do it.

jungkook just shrugged from his spot in the kitchen, he was pouring some chips in a little bowl next to the cheese and crackers. there was a sandwich as well and hopefully hoseok wouldn't mind that he borrowed some of the meat to make it. there was ice tea in the fridge and he remembered to grab that before carrying the tray into the living room and setting it on the coffee table.

"okay well make sure you eat, tiny one." taehyung said, seeing how much the boy brought out just for him. jungkook just sat back down and crossed his legs again, making sure there was enough space between them this time.

this little action didn't go unnoticed by the older boy, a soft chuckle escaping from his throat as he took some chips in his hand and leaned back against the cushions. "jungkook, it's a small bruise, not a disease, you don't have sit all the way over there."

if it wasn't enough, more confusion flooded the poor ravenette mind as he looked over at the other male. what was he doing wrong? sitting too close and now too far away, well technically he never said it was too close he just pointed it out and jungkook had to get all self conscious about it, knowing very well he'd be much closer if it was up to him.

jungkook tried to get these thoughts out of his head, the ones that slipped past any logic and reasoning that this was his friend and he shouldnt have been picturing himself placed nicely on his lap and trailing his fingertips down the tan skin that was once unphased by the ugly discoloration. ugly. taehyung was anything but ugly, he may even have been the most attractive person jungkook had set eyes on. and that scared him.

it was feeling of his heart beating faster knowing the older boy was staring at him and the rush of fluttering in his stomach when his name fell past those plump lips. god those lips were so inviting. it was feeling that he was thinking this way of his friend that had him scared. to lose someone that has become a part of his everyday life, all because of some silly crush. maybe he should finally stop ignoring it. jungnkook had a huge crush on taehyung.
and it terrified him.

"i don't know what you want me to do." he spoke softly and truthfully, nothing was coming to his mind as he looked down into his lap and played with his fingers.

taehyung could see the smaller boys fallen face, dropped shoulders and little lips out in a pout. if he wasn't so down, maybe he would have found the boy adorable in a way. "you know what i want you to do." taehyung started, dropping the rest of the chips back on the tray and sitting up, hit back against the arm rest and body facing the ravenette. one of his legs was off the edge of the couch while the other was bent on the cushion. "i want you to look up at me baby."

the name had him freeze, his heart speeding up, and his stomach fluttering with an emotion he could decide if he liked or hated. but jungkook pushed all those confusing thoughts out and decided to only focus on the olders words, pulling his head up to meet the gaze already settled on him. "and i want you," taehyung continued, leaning back against the arm rest, his palms casually laying on his own thighs, "to come here." he said, patting his thigh gently.

jungkook wasn't sure what to do, he felt nervous and intimidated around someone like taehyung, someone who knew what they were doing and had confidence the whole time.

a sigh broke the silence and taehyung leaned forward to gently take his hand, "come on baby don't leave me doing all the work." he smiled softly and gave jungkooks had a light squeeze, feeling better himself when the younger smiled as well, no matter how small it was.

jungkook stood up from his spot on the couch and felt the light tug on his hand. what he thought was nerves and slight uncomfortableness, evaporated so quickly when noticing taehyungs soft eyes and gentle smile. he wasn't pulling jungkook over or forcing him to do anything, his little tugs and whispers were more of fondness and encouragement to get the shy boy to not be so nervous around him.

"you're so cute when you're flustered." taehyung stated plainly, finally reaching for the boys tiny waist and tugging him down onto his lap, only fueling the rush of blood to his cheeks. "stop making it worse." jungkook mumbled, pressing his chest against the olders and hiding his face in the crook of his neck.

taehyung just chuckled and tightened his grip around the boy, holding him snug against his chest and tracing his fingertips along the curve of his waist. the two talked for the rest of the day, whispers and random words shared between the two followed by little giggles and sometimes whines from the younger who was tired of being a blushing mess.

maybe it was the attention each of them needed. jungkook didn't feel lonely anymore in his home, always left by himself because it was assumed he'd have more fun away from the older boys who drank and flirted with girls. and taehyung, who would usually smoke an entire pack until his lungs burned and hurt more than the bruises from last night.

they were both happy to be with the other, it was an unspoken truth both of them knew, and neither had to voice. actions always spoke louder than words.

┆♡┆