Part Three

Geog. was boring as ever for Sunny, though he found it a little harder since it wasnt a favourite subject.

'Lunch next, Sunny.' Minnie said, she was wearing a long sleeved top because it was a cold November day.

'I didnt bring anything, didnt think to. I'll just have to get what they have on offer.' he said in reply.

'Well, prepare for the horrors.' Minnie laughed, rolling up her sleeves. Sunny noticed cuts on her arms, old ones. He didnt ask about it, didnt judge. Just carried on walking.

Minnie picked up a tray and gave it to Sunny, then picked one up for herself. A couple of girls pushed in front of her and snatched her tray,

'I dont think so, Rat.' one said, pushing Minnie away roughly. Minnie didnt seem to care and just let them push her around. Something Sunny didnt like.

'Why dont you pick on someone your own size?' Sunny asked, knowing full well that Sunny was as tall as them.

'Why dont we?' the other girl laughed and tried to push Sunny away. He didnt budge. Stong in mind and body. The other girl pushed him and he still didnt move. Sunny took pride in the fact he was rather strong indeed.

'Well, your boyfriend is very fit.' The first said to Minnie. 'Like the last one, eh?' she teased her and pulled her hair. 'Wonder how hard he'll punch?'

'If you dont leave her alone you'll regret it.' Sunny warned, he's never liked bullies because he's been bullied himself.

'Oooh, big and tough, are you? Well, we'll you two alone.' The second said. They left and Sunny turned to Minnie, about to question her about everything that was said. Except the Rat thing, he got that. Minnie Mouse, a mouse is like a rat. Ta-da.

'What did they mean?' he asked. Sunny didnt like asking questions about people's past, he felt it was intruding but he really wanted to know this once.

'My last boyfriend...well...he abused me, Sunny. But its in the past.' Minnie said quietly picking up a sandwhich from the selection. It's a serve yourself sort of school.

'How long ago did you break up with him?' Sunny asked, doing the same.

'Last week I found out that he was cheating on me and I left him. He didnt go to this school...' she said, picking up the rest of her luncheon bits and bobs and walked over to an empty table. Sunny followed her.

'I'm sorry I asked, I dont usally. It's just I felt it was important to know.' Sunny said gently. She smiled and Sunny realised that Minnie was actually far more beautiful than he had first thought.

'It's okay. It's just the girls who...who bully me. Calling me rude names and things. It's nothing really. Sticks and stones and all.' she shrugged and faked a smile.

'Well, I'll make sure it happens no longer.' Sunny said, smiling.

'Well, thank you...I guess.' she said. They both ate quietly and quickly. It was a comfortable silence though. Afterwards, they went to their next classroom. English.

'English is one of my best subjects.' Minnie said as she walked into the class room, a handsome young teacher was reading a book and had his feet on his desk. Then he noticed Sunny and Minnie come in and stood up,

'Hi, Mr. Edwards.' Minnie greeted.

'Hello, Minnie. Who's this?' he greeted, refering to Sunny, of course.

'Im Sunny Darcy, sir.' Sunny said.

'Davin Edwards.' Mr. Edwards said, shaking Sunny's hand. Uncommonly friendly for a teacher. Sunny thought. 'Why dont you two take a seat?' They sat down and Mr. Edwards put his feet back up on the desk.

Sunny and Minnie said very little. The other students came in soon afterwards and they had their lesson. Sunny decided that he liked Mr. Edwards' class as he was a clever man and liked grammar. The girls particularly liked him, Sunny noticed. Class ended after the 45 mins and as Sunny was just going to leave Mr. Edwards called him in.

'Sunny, you are rather bright. You've read Shakespear and are well aquainted with Charles Dickins and the works. Which school did you go to before this one?' The kind teacher asked, leaning on the desk.

'I didnt go to school, sir. I was taught at home. Actually, I taught myself. Using textbooks and things.' Sunny replied after Minnie said that she's wait outside.

'Really? Well, very good indeed. Well, you may go. See you soon.'

'Have a good day, sir.' Sunny said and went into the hall where Minnie greeted him.