Chapter 17

Niall's P.O.V:

I look at the video before me. Was she seriously going through with this? Was it too late? She was dead. "I love you, Niall. Never forget that. Go and find your destiny princess. But, for now I'll see you soon enough." This was recorded earlier. She was dead. There was no way to get around the fact she had died. She was gone... And she took half of my heart with her. Tessa. My palms are sweaty. I scream in frustration.

I shot up in bed.

Mother did tell me to never sleep after having a 'midnight' snack. Though, technically it wasn't mid night. It was mid day... So... Ha!

Though, I'm so glad that was just a dream. What if that happened? I'd break in two. Would I have the strength to go forth in life optimistic? I don't know.

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Was the milk bad? I don't think it was...

I hop out of bed, and walk downstairs.

"Greg!" I call out. No answer. "Mom! Dad!"

"Yes?" Mom walks down from the end of the hall.

"Where's dad and Greg?"

"At the store." She replies, walking back to the kitchen.

"Okay." Seemed normal to me. Maybe, it was just that dream had me all worried. . .

I turn the TV on and allow my self to sit. I flip through the various channels; Disney, news, comedy, etc.

Nothing seems all that great.

The house phone rings, my mom goes to answer it but before she can I get to it.

"Hello?"

"Niall! Get down to your school right now! Hurry!"

I hang up the phone, and run. The school isn't too far from here. I knew something was wrong, but what? I take a shortcut, and suddenly I'm to the school.

What the..? Who was that...? A figure lay on the grass, face down. I jog up to the school, panting for air. I recognize the small figure in the grass.

"Tessa..." it came more of a whisper, "Tessa!" I run through the gates, and turn her around.

She looks passed out, and a faint mark on her neck, but nothing too serious.

I shake her only very gently, her eyes flutter open.

"Niall!" She hugs me tightly, as if she'd never see the light of day again. I like the attention she is giving me. It's nice.

"What happened?" I ask her, that was way more important.

That's when the tears began.

**Tessa's P.O.V:

I couldn't quite recall all what happened. Was it Luke who betrayed me? Stripped me of clothes? Invaded my privacy? Not cool.

How was I going to tell my parents? How would they react? How would Karmin react? Most importantly how would Niall react? My body held so many emotions right now, though how was it possible? I was so small... And my emotions were packed down tightly in me. Like a cork screw sealing in air, or an soon to be over-flowing cup.

I then started to pour, over-flow, let loose. "Luke..." I sob loudly, "He... He..." I look Niall in the eyes, begging for mercy. I don't have the strength to say it out loud. Do I? "He raped me!" I said a bit quickly, so he wouldn't proper understand.

Niall's face went blank, shoulders drooped. "What...?"

"Don't make me repeat it, I don't think I can." I got the chills, thinking of Luke hurting me that way. Or, in any way.

"That bastard..." Niall pushes himself off the ground. "I'll kill him." Niall growled.

"No don't! I'll... I'll... I will just call the cops or something."

"Let's do it now then." Niall's jaw clenched tightly.

"But... I need to find Karmin." I made up an excuse.

"Fine. I'll walk you home." He leads the way, I'm really not going to tell the cops.

If I do... I know the consequence.

The knife pushes harder on my skin. "No squealing, got it?" Greg said. "You squeal, you are dead. Nobody will find your body, we'll make sure of it." "Got it?!" He yelled loudly in my face. "Got it!" I sobbed. "Good." Suddenly black envelopes me once again.

I shuddered at the thought of my body laying lifeless. Wait, I just told Niall. That counted. Well, it's not like they'll know. How would they find out?

**Karmin's P.O.V:

Tessa locked herself into the room with her parents. I pressed my ear against the door. I wonder what she did now.

"Um... I have no easy way to say this..." Tessa takes a deep breathe before going on.

Three words send me into shock. I got raped.