Prologue

Today was the school dance, and I was happy because I was here with some of the few friends I had. The most popular music was being played to my excitement. There were other kids from my school on the dance floor though, they didn't move a single muscle. School dances were always awkward seeing that no one really knew what to do with themselves. 

"Do you want me to get you a drink?" Niall asked over the loud music. Gigantic butterflies flew around in my stomach but it felt as if they were choking me inside. His friends at another table had started to laugh and I thought maybe they were just laughing at a joke. 

"Sure..." I said smiling a bit. 

Niall turned and walked towards the table of drinks and food. I looked to one of my friends giggling a bit, and one of my better friends smiled back at me too. I had a crush on Niall when I was younger but I always had thought he and his friends deemed me as weird. 

Him with the cup in his hand he walks back slowly hesitant. Niall walks to the table with his friends frist frowning and talking but it seemed like an arugment. He walks back to my table again slowly and frowns once again.

Niall murmurs a sorry to me before dumping the drink on me. I looked down in disappointment for myself, I thought maybe tonight would be a good night. Those types of things I wish, but it doesn't seem to happen. I get up from the table, the new dress my mom helped me picked out soaked in the sticky liquid. My friends helped me and escorted me out, but I didn't bother calling anyone for a ride home. I was just extremely glad we would be moving out of this place.