Chapter 21

Okay, guys...so there's this part with Alya, Nino, Trixx and Wayzz...it's crazy, but I couldn't resist! It was too much fun to write! So...enjoy! (Or be confused...just whatever ends up happening :)  

"Wow...I never in a million years thought I'd say this...but that looked so amazing! Zero mistakes!" Alya cried, applauding Chloe and Nathaniel's performance.

I was restitching a ruffle onto Chloe's leotard as she said this, but my mind couldn't have been farther away.

"Well, of course, it was ama-OW! DUPAIN-CHENG! YOU POKED ME WITH THAT NEEDLE!" Chloe screamed, jumping away from me, causing me to prick my finger.

"Ow," I yelped, then said, "I'm so sorry Chloe. Are you okay?"

Chloe seemed to sense that something was off with me, and said, "Ya...I'm fine..." I was surprised she didn't push the matter.

I quickly finished my work, and tried to smile for Chloe, "You looked gorgeous. As regal as any queen."

And it was true. Chloe wore a deep royal blue leotard with silver accents. Her tutu was poofy and had extra material hanging to her knees to form a longer skirt. Glass jewels hung in teardrops from it, catching the light.

Her hair was up in a high bun adorned with extra jewels I'd had and a silver crown. A high collar that came around the back of her neck was visible. And to top it all off, she wore silver tights with deep blue pointe shoes. (Those she had her father bought and had been Marinette's inspiration.)

Chloe smiled sadly at me, "Thank you...but it's all thanks to you."

I could hardly believe the change in Chloe in the last three days. And Nathaniel for that matter.

I caught him staring at Chloe all the time now. I think he was starting to get a bit of a crush on her.

"All right, we've done everything except our grand finale. Marinette, Adrien. Go get on your costumes," Alya instructed.

My stomach churned. I knew what was going to happen. I wasn't going to be able to dance with Adrien...After all, that was happening, my emotions boiling inside of me, I was gonna be tense.

Still, I went to the girls' room and threw on my costume, plus my sweatshirt over. I'd already done my hair that morning (With some help from my kwami) so now I had Tikki put in my hairpieces.

Then I walked back into the studio. Adrien was already there, and I smiled, blushing slightly. His leotard was light green and tan dance pants. He was wearing 'paws' (They're almost like dance pads that only cover the front part of your feet. Super comfy!) on his feet.

I'd sewn him a white and gold accented jacket with hints of green.

He really did look like a prince.

"You look good Adrien," Nino said, nodding.

"All Marinette's doing," Adrien said, smiling at me, "You did an amazing job!"

"All right girl. Only Chloe's seen your costume, and the rest of us our on the edge of our seats!" Alya said, "Come on, take off the sweatshirt. Let us see!"

I hesitated for a split second, then slipped off my sweatshirt.

Alya gasped, giggling with delight, while Chloe smirked. Nothing from the guys.

I was looking at my shoes, my face red as my costume.

I wore a white leotard and tutu. Unlike the others, my tutu was still and stuck straight out, like a professional.