Chapter 6

"Three, two, one, lift!" Alya chanted.

"This is a bad idea-ahh!" They dropped me.

Thankfully, I landed on a matt.

"Guys! Get it together. You're gonna break Mari," Alya scolded, helping me up.

Adrien and Nino frowned, "It's fine Alya. Besides, the pointe shoes hurt. It must be hard to hold them," I said, coming to the guys' defense.

"Ya, ya."

"Try it again?" I asked.

They nodded, and I started pirouetting again then Adrien came from behind and grabbed my waist. When he had a firm grip, I jumped upcoming straight in the air.

Here was the picture basically. Adrien stood, holding me now by my foot, my point shoe probably hurting his hand, and my perfectly straight leg held me up. My free leg pointed forward, and my arms arched in the air gracefully.

Then, Adrien started slowly turning, and I arched back, laying gracefully backward.

Ow.

Then, Adrien put me down.

"Wow! That was cool! You didn't even need me for extra support," Nino said.

Alya nodded, "We'll keep that. Now, Mari, if you're Princess Aurora, you must portray kindness, compassion, and patience."

"Then fall asleep," Nino said, smirking.

"Let's start the dance from the beginning," Alya said.

We all nodded, and she started the music.

We all ran to sides of the room, then I came on first. I danced gracefully, then began spinning once, twice, three, four, five, six times, and on the seventh, stopped.

Nino danced on. The music turned dark and foreboding. Me and Nino did a small dance together, then he handed me an imaginary rose.

As soon as I took it, I fell down to the ground.

He did a quick evil solo, then left.

Alya danced on, and the music turned light and cheery. She danced a solo around the stage until she saw me, and the music turned sad.

She knelt beside me and began moving her arms above me slowly, saying, "Thou shalt not die, fair princess. Instead, thou shalt sleep for a century, till awoken by true love. And true love's first kiss."

Then, the imaginary curtains closed. Alya grabbed a few pillows from the corner where we had put them, and I laid on them, trying to look princessy.

When the 'curtains' opened, Alya was dancing over me, but then went off. She soon came back on, this time with Adrien following a little ways behind.

Then, Alya gave him a push and he danced alone onstage. Since I was laying on my side, one eye was somewhat hidden, and I watched him.

He really was like a Prince. The way he danced...it made my heart feel like chocolate pudding.

Suddenly, the music turned darker, and I knew Nino had come in.

"And, stop!" Alya called out, switching off the music.

I sat up.

"Alright, everything looks good so far. All we have left to do is the fight scene, the wakeup scene, my magic fairy solo, then, the final dance. And we're done!" Alya said.

Suddenly, a bell rang.

"Lunch! Food! Salvation from the evil choreographer!" Nino exclaimed.

Alya pretended to glare, as we packed up our bags from the dance studio Master Fu had assigned us. As we walked out, every other kid in our class came from different rooms where they had been working.