Chapter 14

"Get up," Said a voice.

I yawned and opened my eyes.

Liam was in front of me.

Rena was standing next to a sleeping Ladybug, helping her up.

"I can get her," I offered, standing up but bumping my head on the roof of the limo.

"I got her, Chat...Go with Liam," Rena said, picking up Ladybug.

We all jumped out of the car, and while Rena took a sleeping Ladybug inside, Liam grabbed me by the arm, "Come on."

He led me behind Master Fu's large apartment, and to the backyard.

"Can I borrow that?" He asked, pointing at my stick.

I hesitated, then threw it to him. Liam caught it with ease.

He had it eject to a length as he was tall, then planted it firmly on the ground, "Funny, if Mayura hadn't died, I would be Chat Noir," He said, having my grab the top of the stick, while he grabbed the middle.

Then, it extended, pushing up both into the air.

Somehow, Liam kept the stick straight, and it didn't falter or fall over. When we reached the roof, I jumped from the stick, and onto a ledge. Liam jumped as well, but when he jumped the stick retracted to the size of a mason jar.

He tossed it to me and began scaling the roof.

I followed him till we finally came to a flat spot where we could see all of Paris.

While I admired the view, Liam pulled out a laptop.

There was suddenly a ringing and after a moment or two, a girl picked up.

Since it was on facetime, I could see her. She had brown hair that was up in curlers, sleepy green eyes, and a tan complexion. She did not look amused.

"Liam! Do you know what time it is??? I thought we agreed on talking no later than 1 a.m!" The girl cried.

Liam did something, and then the girl was projected in front of me. She was wearing a creamy set of pj's that had a fox on them. It said, 'Don't count your chickens before they're grown. I'm hungry.' To my surprise, she looked a lot like Lila.

"Chill Ness, it's only midnight," Liam said, trying to calm her down.

"Midnight!" the girl called 'Ness' cried. Then she sighed, "Liam, Liam, Liam. TIME CHANGE!!!!!!! It's 6 am over here."

Liam facepalmed, "I told Master FU he should've sent you instead..or Noah, or Jewlls."

Ness looked sad, "Liam...your miraculous is the only one not going to be used...you had to go...Liam...don't freak out...but there is a black figure behind you...RUN!" Ness cried.

"Oh, him? Nah, that's one of the Newbies...the one Buganette keeps talking about," Liam said, frowning.

I stepped into the light of the projection, "Hi?"

Ness looked me over, then smiled, "Dang! Ma-"

"Nessie!" Liam cried, "He doesn't know..." He whispered to her, even though I could plainly hear.

"I mean, Ladybug didn't mention how cute you were! Though she's shown us pictures...Wait one moment, I'm gonna get Julia and Noah. They're making flashcards," Nessie said, then she was gone.

Flashcards??? Who were these people? And why did their names sound so familiar?

Soon, Nessie returned, her curlers now somewhat coming out, with a boy and a girl.

The boy was a burly kinda guy with chocolate brown skin and dark brown eyes. His hair was cropped short and he wore a shirt with a turtle emblem on it, plus a pair of long green flannel pants.

The girl was very petite and had long golden blond hair. Her eyes were dark blue with hints of yellow and green. She wore a long golden nightgown with a honeycomb pattern. It said, 'Bee-lieve in yourself'

They both had messy hair and dark bags under their eyes.

"Umm...hi?" I said, lamely.

"Hello," the boy, Noah, said.

"Umm...I'm Chat Noir. You must be Buzz and Turtle Back, right?"

The two nodded. I noticed Noah and an arm around the girl...Julia? Yes, I think her name was Julia.

"Call me Noah, and her Julia," Noah said.

I smiled, "Okay... call me Adrien," I said.

Suddenly, all four went pale.

Confused, I said, "What?"

"You....you told us your secret identity..." Nessie said.

"And? Master Fu said I was allowed to tell other superheroes when I felt the time was right."

Julia spoke for the first time, "But we're not superheroes...Not anymore."

But I just shook it off, smiling, "Once a superhero, always a superhero."

Then, they all kinda smiled. Even Liam. Though he went back to frowning once he saw I'd seen him.

"Umm...quick question, your last name doesn't happen to be Agreste, does it?"

I was surprised they knew it, "Yup. Adrien Agreste."

Nessie and Julia went paler, "Would you excuse us for a moment..." Nessie asked as she pulled Julia out of view.

Then we heard them screaming. It was stuff like, "AHHHH!!!! LB"S GONNA FLIP!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH" And "It's okay Nessie, just breath." And "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S SO PERFECT!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Then, the two walked back into view, calm as ever.

I leaned over to Liam, "Should I be concerned?"

Liam shook his head, "Nah. It's a girl thing...or maybe it's just Nessie...who knows?"

"Wait, and LB doesn't know...right?" Nessie asked.

I nodded slowly, unsure. What was I missing?

Nessie took a few deep breaths, and Noah spoke, "Buganette's gonna flip out!" Then they all laughed.

I was still confused.

"Guys, he doesn't know yet. The fox miraculous wielder is the only one," Liam said.

I was even more confused.

"Aww, well he'll know soon enough. Okay, guys...now for the reason we're here...." Nessie said.

The three projected teenagers sat on the ground, Liam and I doing the same.

"Okay...this is most likely going to be the most awkward conversation of your life," Noah warned.

I nodded. I had an idea of what this was going to be about.

"As LB may have told you, we're not just friends, we're family. Blood-related. Literally. When we were little we each cut ourselves on Master Fu's sword and wiped our bloody knees together. We even have matching scars," Liam said, rolling up his pant leg and showing me his knee. True to his word, there was a scar.

"What Liam's trying to say, is Ladybug is our sister...and if you like her...like, like her like her, we gotta make sure you're...good," Julia said, trying to find the right words.

"What Julia's trying to say, is if we don't like you, you can forget about ever being with LB," Nessie translated.

I nodded. I'd expected as much... So the conversation began.