Chapter 13: It's baby time!

I'm having such a hard time. I'm due in two weeks and I'm having a very hard time. Jordan sold a story to the press saying that I told her that the baby is Ryan's, that I hate Carter, and that I'm getting a divorce, and then she lied to them and said I filed for divorce.

I've been crying so much lately, but I'm refusing to talk about it. Bruce is really trying to help so he got me set an interview for Ellen. I'm doing it alone and I'm scared.

I'm wearing white maternity jeans and a black sweater and my hair is left down. I walk out onto the stage when Ellen announces me and nobody cheers.

"So..." Ellen frowns when we're both seats. "You're very pregnant..."

I sigh and nod.

"And the father is..."

I roll my eyes, cross my arms and sit back. "The father is Carter." I say.

She nods slowly. "I thought you guys were getting a divorce."

"No. Carter and I are very happily in love. We're never getting divorced."

"So who sold the story?" Ellen asks.

"You know the song on our album? Misery Business?"

"Yes. You wrote it about a girl from college who tried to steal Carter."

I nod. "She showed up for Thanksgiving. She admitted to doing it and she almost killed my kid by nearly kicking me in the stomach."

The audience shouts in protest.

"Yeah, I know. Anyways...I kicked her out and she was trying to get Carter back so..." I shrug, wiping away a tear before it falls. "She sold the story to get me and Carter to divorce."

"But you aren't divorcing?" she asks.

"No. We are not divorcing."

The audience cheers.

"So what are your thoughts on this girl?"

I shrug in response. "I think it would be better if I kept those to myself."

Ellen and I say our goodbye's shortly after that and I head home. Carter is standing in the living room with his arms crossed. He's waiting for me.

"Wait." He says when I try to scurry off to our room. That's all I've been doing. Running off and crying in my room. The doc says it's my pregnancy that makes it so bad. "Don't go lock yourself upstairs."

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because, Roxy! We're married! You're clearly having a hard time but you aren't talking to me about it. Why not?"

I want to cringe because he didn't call me Cinnamon. "I don't feel like talking."

"You just told Ellen more about how you feel about this than you have told Me." he says.

"Carter-"

"No. Sit down and listen to this song I wrote."

I want to tell him no, but I sigh and sit down on the couch. He grabs his guitar and starts to strum.

When you try not to look at me

Scared that I'll see you hurting

You're not hiding anything, no

And frankly it's got me worried

Nobody knows you better than I do

I keep my promises, I'm fighting for you