Leandre gasps dramatically as he puts a hand to his chest. "Me?" He looks at me with wide eyes before looking back to Malik. "I should say not. My mate is right here, Malik, I would never dare be found in someone else's bed,"

I grin at his words. He is a very convincing actor if I might say so myself. Also, his words please me very much.

Malik snorts again. "Whatever, you're an asshole," He grumbles. Then he grabs onto his stomach and whines. "When are we going to land? I'm starving!"

"You practically just ate," I say amazed.

Malik's eyes slide to mine with a very droll look in them. "My kind have a fast metabolism. Besides, that was like, nine hours ago!"

I raise an eyebrow at him just as the plane begins to descend. I suppose after nine hours one would be hungry, especially if you have a fast metabolism like Malik supposedly has. I roll my eyes as Malik begins to pout.

"Charlotte will have breakfast waiting by the time we get there," Leandre informs. "She is very adamant about meeting Niles first thing today,"

Malik grins wide. "Yes! Mama Char is making foooood!" He drags out the last word ridiculously long. He makes it sound like he hasn't eaten in weeks.

"I suppose you can join us," Leandre says as an afterthought.

"Of course I am!" Malik says appalled. "Mama Char makes the best food!"

Leandre rolls his eyes. "I thought you said that about my own cooking?"

Malik falters for a moment before quickly collecting himself again. "I mean, you did learn from the master,"

Leandre chuckles. I can't help but smile at their words. I like this Malik guy and I hope to get to know him more. I have a feeling I will since he's Leandre's second in command. I also like the relationship he and Leandre have together. Leandre is laidback with Malik and he doesn't have to look so tough around him.

Once the plane lands we depart quickly. I notice this time we actually landed on a landing pad on the ground this time and not on top of a building as we've been. A sleek black car is waiting for us already. Malik helps the attendant put our very little luggage in the trunk as Leandre leads me to the back seat of the car. Once again, Leandre holds the door open for me before getting in on the other side. After our luggage was in the trunk, Malik got settled in the front seat.

Leandre says something in French to the driver before the car starts to move. I don't know much about Canada but I do know some parts speak a lot of French. I really hope Montréal isn't a big French-speaking place, otherwise, I'm screwed.

Leandre then smiles at me. I stay silent for two reasons. One, I don't know if this guy is part of Leandre's Pride or not so I feel like I shouldn't really speak as I did at Leandre's meeting. The second reason is that I don't know what to say. I'm nervous and slightly uncomfortable. I'm literally going into the lion's den. I have no idea how I should behave and silence seems like the best option right now. I guess I'll just speak when spoken to.

The car ride is filled with Malik flipping the stations on the Sirius XM radio. He never did settle on one station by the time we make it to our final destination. It didn't bother me much, though; I was to preoccupied with my nervous thoughts to be annoyed by the constant channel flips.

Once the car rolls to a stop Leandre sets a hand on my knee, making me jump slightly. He gives me a reassuring look before he gets out of the car. Within seconds he is on my side opening the door for me. He is so weird about that, he always has to be the one to open and shut my door. There's nothing wrong with it, it's sort of really cute actually, it's just different for me since I've never experienced something like it before.