Before anyone could say anything more, a groan escaped from Tyler's lips as he collapsed. There was a round of pops and crunches as his joints shifted.

"Tyler!" Matt exclaimed moving towards the boy. Veronica could do nothing but watch as the young boy let out grunts of pain.

"I don't know if I can hold it off!" He gasped bracing himself for another wave of pain.

"Get out of here!" He yelled putting his face to the ground once again.

"Tyler it'll be okay." Caroline stepped towards him.

"Go!" He hissed at her. 

"Tyler we have time." She says once again.

There was a pause as Tyler spoke again, "it's happening faster!"

Veronica saw his eyes flash and she was moving before she realised it.

Both her and Damon stopped Tyler from lunging at Caroline and Matt.

The twins wrestled with the wolf, Veronica felt a sharp pinch over her forearm. Her heart sunk, she had been bitten.

Deciding to keep her bite from them she stood up, having no idea her twin was also bitten and faced the same fate as she did.

"Damon?" Caroline asked concerned looking at him.

"I'm fine!" He hissed breathing deeply.

"Get to the Lockwood cellar, if it held him in it'll keep him out. If it doesn't use these." Damon said handing Matt the two bullets he took from earlier.

"And Matt, shoot to kill." Veronica added, ignoring the grim look on their faces.

Veronica and Damon watched as Caroline and Matt ran off, they both watched Tyler for a few more moments before they both left together.

-

Damon opened the door and the two entered. Veronica stood next to Kathrine hand on her shoulder as she smiled down at her old friend.

"I wasn't aware you had been invited in." Klaus commented from where he sat.

Katherine stood next to Veronica.

"We've come here to tell you that you have to postpone the ritual." Damon said in an even voice.

"Haven't we already had his conversation?" Klaus retorted with his back still facing the trio.

"Yeah well that was before we rescued your vampire and werewolf and before Veronica killed your witch."

At those words Klaus angrily pulled himself out of the chair.

He made his way to Damon.

"Excuse me?"

"And you can kill us for it, we don't care." Damon stated looking back at Veronica, receiving a small smile of approval.

She stared at Damon for a few moments before he spoke.

"Katerina, give us a moment."

Kathrine bowed her head and slowly made her way out of the room.

Klaus walked closer to Damon, and stared down at him.

"I've heard about you, the crazy impulsive vampire. In love with his brothers girl." Damon nodded with a sarcastic smile.

"Could say the same about you" Veronica didn't care about the comment she remained where she stood, eyes never leaving Klaus.

Klaus turned his back in the two and began walking away.

"I knew one of you would try to stop me, it was just a 50/50 guess on who."

He then proceeded to press play on the laptop he was working on moments before we walked in.

He let out a laugh after hearing a scream.

"That's the nice thing about werewolves, they tend to travel in packs."

Klaus shut the laptop and tossed Damon the cellphone he had next to the laptop.

"Need a closer look?"

Damon and Veronica watched, a small smile crept on their faces.

"Jules..." they said together eyes never leaving the screen.

Klaus walked around the two and began talking.

"When you spend a thousand years trying to break a curse-" he stopped by Veronica's ear, his breath tickled her neck.

"You tend to learn a thing or two."
He walked to the front of her, "first rule; always have a backup."

He looked at Damon again. "Backup werewolf, backup witch..." he whispered.

"Backup vampire." Damon concluded looking at Klaus.

"I've got that covered too." He smirked, wrapping his hands around Veronica's head and breaking her neck.

Veronica woke to someone slapping her face. She grabbed the arm and squeezed.

"Wake up!" She heard Katherine's voice. Her eyes shot open and she sat up. Her eyes landed on Damon who stood behind Katherine.

"What the hell?"

_________

So sorry for the late update, just a reminder that this is HEAVILY unedited so there will be mistakes. Thank you for my voters, commenters and readers. I appreciate you guys so much!! And your feedback is super important to me. ❤️❤️