"SURPRISE!!"

JASMINE'S P. O. V.

"Wait, who's that little man?" Jess asked as we settled in the living room.

Okay, I DID NOT notice him.

Seems no one did they all had a surprised look.

"Why do you refer to me as a 'little man'. I am no little man. I survived a day alone in that crappy market," he spoke irritated which got us all quite.
Until late Crys cleared her throat.

"Who's that big man?"

"This is Caleb. We found him in the market he was alone," Julie explained.

"I'm really sorry, I was just annoyed because you were the second to call me 'little man'" Caleb eyed Ty. "I should be thankful you saved me. Thank you very much,"

"It's okay big man," I ruffled his hair expecting an outbrust to be followed but he surprisingly just smiled.

Well, he had mood swings.

"He didn't eat anything since yesterday," Dave announced sending Crys to the kitchen.

After preparing lunch we gathered around the dining table and stuffed in.

"Where do you live Caleb?" Jake inquired eating.

"I am new to this place I moved in a week ago into a house few blocks away,"

"Where are your parents?" Steve asked.

"Shush Steve and eat your food," I scolded him. Caleb stuck his chin to his chest and ate silently.

________:) _________

"Hey Cal?" I Stepped to the room in which he was supposed to be sleeping right now. But in actual he was siting on the bed talking with Emma.
Emma who was supposed to come here and wake him for dinner over half an hour ago.

I was amazed. Emma is not how she is with us. She is super quite and timid at school or with other unknown people. But now she was actually talking. Smiling and talking. They both seem like they were having some fun so I just let them be. I walked downstairs and told them what I saw which surprised them too.

"Its ready,"  Crystal came out from the kitchen with a small round cake HBD JC written on it with 14 birthday candles lit around it. JC stands for Jennifer Connor.

"Go fetch her," Julie motioned for Jess and  she ran upstairs. To day was her birthday and we had a surprise party planned for her. Of course, because it's the zombie apocalyps, we have to save food so it's just a small round cake party.

"I swear Jessica I'll kick your ass," Jess hurtled down Jenn following behind.

"SURPRISE!!" WE all yelled causing her to jump.

"Happy birthday to you Happy birthday to you.."
We sang for her while she stood in the middle of the stairs flushed with the corner of her lips stretching to her ears. Soon tears were falling down her cheeks as she litterly ran down the stairs her arms wide opened. So like that we ended up with a group hug.

"Thank you guys,"

JESSICA P. O.V

I read the text my eyebrows knitted.

Alice- I think we should get out of here fast

I quickly dialed her number.

What do you mean? What happened?

Yesterday my dad was attacked. Thank god he managed to get back home safe. But it's not safe here for us anymore.

Oh God you all are okay now?

Yeah, I mean we locked our selves in the house no one goes out no one comes in. Anyways how are u guys?

We're fine. Every week Ty Julie and Dave go out to get food from the market. They are out today for the third time.

Wow I can't belive you survived almost a month in this shit.

Yea time flew by fast. I hope it ends soon. You know. Someone to come and save us.

Afnan started sniffing

Hey are you crying?

No, it's just..never mind. How's everyone?

Alice it's okay, I'm sure it will end soon

____________:(_____________

Julie was on her bed when I entered. "Julie you okay?" I stood beside the bed "you are pale,"

"I don't think I'm okay. I feel cold," she wrapped herself with the blanket. I placed the back of my hand on her forehead. 

"Darn Julie, you are burning," I I took them back.
"I don't think you can go today. You just have some sleep, okay?" I said walking out of the room and to the living room. "People, Julie is sick. I don't think she can go today,"

"What do you mean she's sick?" Jenn said munching food.

"I mean she is not healthy as she was when she is healthy," she just rolled her eyes. "She is sick. She is sleeping now. We better not disturb her,"

I sat beside Jenn and shared her food.

"If Julie isn't coming then who is, we can't go alone," Dave spoke.

"Sorry guys but I'll be taking care of Julie,"  Crys instantly backs out. He then diverted his attention to me and Jenn.

"Underage," we said in sync. We all looked at Jas who was smiling like crazy.

" I swear I'll be quite," Dave sighed and Tyler looked up and mumbled few words as in praying.

"Okay go get ready,"

Jasmine's P. O. V

I Am Excited!

I don't know why but since this started I wanted to go out. And if I am lucky enough I wanted to kill a zombie. It was my dream to kill a zombie since I saw my first zombie movie ZOMBIE LAND.
Now, I have a slight chance to fulfill that dream.

"Please Jas, try to be super quite," Ty whispered. I don't blame them to be scared. I am not good at staying quite. Specially when I should. Like when pranking somebody, when hiding..but today I'll try my best. Cause this isn't a game nor a prank. It is a matter of life and death.

I tiptoed behind them as we jumped over fences. After about 7 fences we finally crossed the road and went to the back of the store. Ty slowly opened it and walked in. He motioned for us to follow and we did. One thing I noticed once I Stepped in is that it smells like shit in here. Like dead rotten body.

"God!" I said in a hushed voice covering my nose. They both glared at me and continued walking. Soon we were at the food section.

The shelf was empty except for a jam, 8 or 9 snacks and 7 or 6 cans of tuna. Ty stuffed them in the bag, whereas me and Dave looked around.

"Done," he whispered. We quickly walked back out through the back door. I glimpsed at the door then turned back to smash into Dave's back. I stumbled backwards then froze as I saw what made him stand still in the middle of the road like a pole.

_______________-_-_________________