Chapter 21

-Later in the Wedding-

The scenery is beautiful. Palm trees swaying in the distance, light pink sky reflecting the summer sunset, sychronized dancers, flower beds set out like a maze, this is a perfect day. Nothing has gone wrong and nothing could go wrong.

I join in with some of the dancing myself! I danced with Annie, as a friend of course, Effie and Peeta. By the end of the song I danced to with Peeta, we kissed. Peeta's kisses make me feel good. It's relaxing and settling. Inside tastes plain in the morning, critrusy and fruity, or mint chocolate combo in the aftermoon, and blueberry or blackcurrent in the evening.

His kisses are amazing throughout the day. Right now, I taste...blueberries! Definitely blueberries.

"I love you, Katniss. Love you like the colours, like the colours of a rainbow. Because they are pretty, like you." Peeta says softly in my ears.

"You know how much I love you, right?" I say. He stares. This may take some convincing, "I love you to bits! I couldn't live without you. You're one of the main reasons why I am living."

Peeta smiles, "And you are one of the reasons why I'm living..."

Our lips meet again, and so do our tongues. His lips taste delicious, the zesty flavour he keeps inside his mouth is mouth-quenching! Mouth-watering, sexy lips. I'd miss kissing him and his hot lips if he wasn't here.

Then, we release. I didn't bother to count 'cause I know we take a while kissing. I knew we had taken about a minute because most people had noticed, stopped their conversations and stared. Even cameramen caught us on video. We must be popular then.

"Hehe," I fakely giggle whilst blushing, "you can go back to your conversations now! No need to stare at us."

Peeta tells me, "Katniss, I hate to break this to you, but you're blushing like mad. Everyone knows. You are embarrassed, aren't you?"

"Yeah, pretty much..." I say.

"So, uuh, meet me tomorrow at the bakery, all right?" he says.

"OK." I nod.

I walk over to Effie, who's is keeping an eye on Haymitch.

"Hey Effie. You on a look-out of Haymitch. Making sure he stays low on alcohol?" I laugh a bit.

"Oh, eh hello Katniss dear. Yes I am. You look stunning in that dress, might I say, if only Cinna was here today. But congratulations, I knew this day would come! Hope you have children, although, they may get reaped..."

I reply, "Oh, thank you Effie! And don't worry, I'll probably think of a plan to protect my kids, if I have kids."

"Oh, well Peeta is willing to have children. He wants to share the joy of babies with you." Effie exclaims.

"Really?! OK. Well, I've gotta hit the road soon, so see you later!" I say.

I hear a loud call, "DINNER!!!!" Everyone runs over to the table and grabs a plate.

"A toast, to Katniss and Peeta Mellark's wedding day!" Effie stands up holding a glass of wine and announces. Everyone cheers, "Wooooo," and claps.

"To a new relationship!" I yell.

"To a new relationship." everyone else repeats. Peeta cuts and takes the first slice from the wedding cake, which has roses and tulips made out of icing on it, with a photo of Peeta and I resting beside the cake.

___________________

Wow! Another update xx