"I'm just leaving for work, Jaxon is at his friend's. I'll be home late don't wait up" He has a plain buttered piece of toast hanging out of his mouth and a travel mug in his hand. My father is a doctor at the local hospital and lately he has been working more night shifts.

I give him a half-smile and a wave as he rushes out the door. I head into the kitchen and open the fridge. I start taking out the ingredients to cook spaghetti and meatballs. It was one of my father's and brother's favorites so I always made sure we had ingredients for it in the house. Seeing Dad with his plain toast told me that we had run out of the previous week's meals that I had prepped. When I'm finished I sit down at the computer to start on my homework. I'm always pretty caught up on homework these days considering I have no social life, so it doesn't take me long to finish up and throw myself onto the couch. After flipping uselessly through the disappointing crap on Friday night TV I head back into the kitchen.

I begin searching through my top corner cupboard for my best friend. Come to me my whiskey, my closest companion in the darkest of times. I pour myself a shot and ponder on the idea of how long it's going to take for my Dad to finally pull me up on the drinking. At this point, I think he's too scared to open the can of worms that stopping me from drinking would do. I wasn't that far off the legal drinking age. Nineteen going on twenty wasn't the kind of age where you need to worry about underage drinking. Although people always thought or assumed I was younger as I had stayed down a grade in my early school years and had also fallen behind after my mother's death.

Now and then I go to a bar and use my fake ID to get drinks when Dad and Jaxon aren't home. To play along with being twenty one I head upstairs to dress myself up. It doesn't hurt to show a little cleavage when trying to convince security. I rifle through the new bag of clothes in my closet pulling out a tight black skirt and leather jacket. I think of the perfect top to match the outfit and go through my closet until I pull out my red lacy bodysuit. I then curl my hair and brush it out to give it a wild look and match my makeup to my outfit. Giving myself a sexy Smokey eye and a red lip. I slip on a pair of black strappy heels and put everything in a clutch. By the time I'm leaving the house it's well into the witching hour of Friday night and the town is alive with people looking to let loose after a full week.

I get to the club and walk up to the bouncer with a flirty smile on my face. As I get to the door he stops me by holding out his arm.

" I.D please" I take It out of my clutch and he looks at it. I think back to when I first saw the I.D too. Shane had heard about a kid who was doing them for some kids at school. I wasn't that interested in going out but Shane had wanted to and begged me to go with him.

"All alone tonight pretty lady?" He doesn't say it creepily. Sounds more like pity.

"Nope, I'm meeting some people here," I say with a smile to reassure him that I am no damsel in distress.

"Nice accent, You're not from around here?" I do a little eye roll. I'd picked up a slight twinge from your mother's Australian background in my younger years and everybody notices.

"Well you tell me, you're the one still holding my I.D" He smiles sheepishly and hands me my I.D before stepping back from the entrance and gesturing for me to walk through.

"See you when you come out," He says and winks at me as I move past him to enter the club. I walk in and am swallowed by the music thumping and the bodies of girls and guys grinding on each other. I reset the fake smile on my face and head straight for the bar.

"Could I please get a bourbon and coke? Thankyou" The bartender leaves and comes back with a glass of my favorite drink. I pick it up and drink it in two gulps. I have three more drinks before I say yes to a guy who keeps asking me to dance and wouldn't take no for an answer. I'm slightly feeling the alcohol after drinking it so fast. I'm quickly heading into the tipsy territory. The guy has brown hair and it's all spiked up. Before I know it I'm grinding on him. I'm enjoying myself and beginning to let loose when he goes to kiss me and I pull away.

"I have to go thanks for the dance" He reaches out to grab me as I turn to walk but I yank my hand out of his grasp and continue to walk away. I'm a little off-balance as I walk out of the club. Maybe the drinks had affected me more than I thought.

"Hey pretty lady, Did you want me to call a cab for you?" The security asks me as I exit the venue. I smile and shake my head.

"No thank you I want to walk" I reply with a smile just to make it sound not so rude. He doesn't look happy about that but it's not my problem.

"Be careful" He shouts out.

I wave as I walk off. Looking up into the sky I sigh to myself. I haven't been this drunk in a while. I feel numb and distracted. Perfect.

I walk away from the club and towards my house. It's only about a ten to fifteen-minute walk to mine from the town. Probably twenty to thirty minutes given the state I'm in. As I'm walking past an alley that's a few shops down from the club I hear whimpering coming from the dark alley. I step slightly into the entrance to try to get a better look. As I do this I think to myself how stupid I'm being just like how when you watch a scary movie and the stupid girl walks in the scary place and you can't help but yell " run you stupid bitch!"

It was going against everything I knew to walk into the alley but if someone was hurt and I kept walking and ignored it and then woke up in the morning only to see on the news that they found a dead body or someone was missing then I would feel terrible.

As I get closer I can see two people pressed against the wall. Great I've just interrupted a couple who had come here for some privacy. I go to turn but then I spot some blood dripping down the girl's neck. Her eyes meet mine and her hand reaches out to me and she mouths 'help'.

I consider running but then decide against that idea as again I know that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I saw on the news a girl was found dead.

"Hey what the hell do you think you're doing!" I yell out hoping to spook the man into running away. My luck isn't that good though instead the man pulls his face away from the girl and hisses at me. It makes me back up a step. His eyes are red and there is blood covering his mouth.

"Back off or your next little girl" I go to walk forward and grab him but I trip on some unknown object and fall onto the ground.

I glance down to look at what I've tripped on and find myself staring into the lifeless eyes of a dead girl's body. I scream and scramble away from the body. I look back up to the man and woman and he's hurting the girl again. It's obvious now this man is some sort of psycho killer. I take a deep breath to steady my breathing. I pick up an empty bottle off the ground and toss it at the back of the guy's head. I expect to hear the sound of the bottle smashing on the back of his head but instead he turns around and catches it. Not good.

"Hey I thought you said I was next, I haven't run anywhere and I'm getting bored of waiting for you to carry out your threats you freak" I yell at him. He lets go of the girl and picks me up by the hair. I scream out to the girl to run and she does. Now let's just hope she's smart and runs for help before this guy kills me.

"Acting brave won't stop me from sucking you dry little girl. You may have saved her but now I'll just drink you instead. Couldn't mind your own business you stupid girl" I go to tell him to go fuck himself but he opens his mouth and I see fangs and then before I can react he sinks his teeth into my neck. It's extremely painful and I scream out. I kick my legs and flail my arms but he doesn't let me go. It doesn't take long before I feel myself fading out and then I see nothing but blackness.