Part 22

Just as Issac went to readjust the scratchy ropes on me, a huge, and by huge I mean all of us jumped, bang came from the door. 'ISSAC,' came an incredibly angry voice from the other side of the door. Another heart stopping bang made the doors fling open, Chris stood with his father, dagger in hand. 'You've gone too far this time,' his father said disapprovingly. 'To kill humans maybe but one of your own?' Forgetting to tie me up again, he stood straight facing them. 'Let them go.' Chris demanded. Issac growled and pounced at them, to say it was two against one, he was an incredibly good fighter. Not wasting any time, I untied Raven, her rope burns were much worse than mine but once we got the Jadarite off her, they would heal within a matter of minutes. While the others were still fighting, Raven stumbled to the dead dog on the floor. What was she doing? She'd lost it completely. Picking up the bird, she used the claw to cut off the bracelet, while I stared open mouthed. She sighed in relief. 'It was Issac's dog so...' she briefly explained.  I crouched down next to her. 'We need to leave,' I whispered to her. She nodded so I grabbed her arm and helped pulled her up. I looked to the door. 'Down the wall and out. Run to wherever you think is safe.' We slid down the wall, nobody had seen us because they were all too busy fighting. Once we got to the door, I told Raven to run. I couldn't leave knowing Chris might be harmed. Their Dad was sat clutching his stomach waiting for it to heal, he looked like he was in pain. Issac had Chris pinned down. He was stood on Chris's wrist and was crouched down with a knife held to his throat. Chris had dropped his dagger so with lightning speed, I picked it up and jumped on Issac's back stabbing him. He yelled in pain and dropped to the floor. Chris quickly got some Jadarite bracelets from his pocket and put them round both Issac's wrists. Kicking him down to the floor. His Dad had healed by now and he quietly whispered something to Chris before leaving, dragging Issac along with him. I looked at him and he gave me such a look of sorrow, hate and regret, it nearly knocked me over. There was only me and Chris left, alone. He ran up to me and embraced me, 'You're okay!' he gasped, relieved. Looking at me properly I saw he had tears in his eyes. One tear escaped and rolled down his cheek and I brushed it away. ' I got your note. I thought he'd, he'd...' I kissed him before he could say anything else then we just stood there hugging for a while. We walked out hand in hand out of house. Unlike Chris's house it was very dark, so he had to help me out. We got outside and the light made me shield my eyes. Once my eye readjusted I looked around. I was on a street, a real street full of houses. 'Not what you expected, eh?' Chris chuckled. I just started at my surroundings in astonishment. 'Come on, they'll be a hearing tonight with the council. You need some rest.' Chris guided me around the town until we got to a street similar to Issac's. Chris lead me to his house and it was just as it looked like when I came the other day. I knew exactly where everything was and now I wasn't in a rush I had a look round. The living room had an obvious theme, red and black, like most of the house really except the walls were cream. There was a huge TV hung on one wall opposite a large, comfy red sofa with fluffy black pillows. There were potted plants on the polished coffee table. One thing I noticed was that Chris was a very tidy person. 'I'm going to bed will you wake me up later?'

'Of course,' Christian replied kissing the top of my head. I made my way up the familiar stairs and to the bedroom. I hadn't realized how exhausted I was until I flopped onto the bed and pulled the thick covers up to my chin. It didn't take me long to get to sleep...