4

A few days later, everyone in the city (or the world) knew about the new Spider-Man. There were plenty of videos going around that showed Harley's Epic Fails. There was even a compilation of the 'Golden Spider Epic Fails which got more views and likes than the 'Thor's Epic Fails'. Harley was gaining much attention from the civilians since he was so bad at being Spider-Man. He didn't help anyone. He just swung through the streets to show off and ask for autographs. He fell off his web a lot, ran into walls and couldn't climb anything. He had no experience and once, when he tried to fight a bunch of muggers, one of the hostages had to save him. It was an old man who somehow was brave enough to knock out the muggers and save Harley from death. When Peter heard the news he was wheezing on the floor. Natasha had to check on him to make sure he wasn't dead and ended up laughing with him at the video. They had sat there in Peter's room for at least an hour and snorted at the holographic video projected by FRIDAY. It was priceless.

<•>

Natasha has felt bad for Peter. Maybe he did do something wrong but she never knew why Stark favored Harley over Peter. They'd been through so much together and she didn't know why Stark supposedly 'loved' Harley more. She couldn't find any video footage to prove Harley or Peter guilty which greatly intrigued her and made her want to get to the bottom of this. Nat had heard it from both sides of the argument but she couldn't prove anything to Stark. That idiot. He had hurt Peter's feelings. Nat loved Peter very much, they were both spiders after all. She didn't know much of the history between Harley and Stark but he knew he had helped him in a time of need. So what? Peter had helped Stark way more times. Being a super spy Nat could sense something was wrong. And she would find out what it was.

<•>

Loki knew Peter was distressed even though he tried to act happy. God he was a great person. At least now Loki knew that the Black Widow also cared for Peter. That was good.

<•>

It was a normal day when the alarm came on in the tower announcing a HYDRA attack. Peter immediately leapt up from his bed and rushed out of the room to do the normal preparations. He was stopped by Mr Stark.

"Back to your room. Now," he said sternly.

"It's HYDRA, it's an emergency. Other stuff can wait." Peter said and was about to run off when Mr Stark caught his arm.

"No, you are grounded because you did something really bad. You deserve it. Also, Harley will take care of what you usually do."

"He can take care of it?" Peter scoffed, "he doesn't even know how to shoot a web, he can't do anything for the team!"

Mr Stark got mad.

"Don't you see he's helping you by being Spider-Man when you're grounded? I expected much more from you Peter. He's helping the civilians Better than you!"

"Oh yeah? That wasn't my fault he said my parents hated me! He took over Spider-Man for fame and to show off! Now you say he's doing it for my good?!" Peter yelled.

"That's it. Case closed. Go to your room and expect a long talk with me after the mission." Mr Stark stormed off.

Peter returned gloomily to him room. He met a smirking Harley by his door.

"See? Tony likes me better. Go die in a hole Parker," he sneered. Peter walked in his room and shut the door, hoping for privacy.

It was the first time he had felt as sad as the day his aunt died. Tony has took him in and was planning on adopting him and then boom. Harley comes into his life and ruins everything. It was so ironic. So sad and devastating. So pathetic. Peter looked out the window and let a tear slide down him cheek. Loki was gonna be on the mission so he was alone in the tower. He saw Iron Man and the Quinjet blast off into the sky towards the invasion.

~•~

Hey spooders, next part comin soon.