3

Peter woke up next morning with Loki at his side. He sat up slowly, thinking about the events of yesterday, the good and the bad. Loki's arrival had kind of made up for the bad things and Peter was really glad that he was here with him during this hard time. He sighed for the third or fourth time since yesterday and got up, opening the door and stepping outside. He walked along the brightly sunlit hallways towards the smell of food and soon arrived at the kitchen. It was empty, since Peter was up early. He made some breakfast and brought it back to Loki, who was awake by then. They are in comfortable silence and had some more fun watching YouTube videos of 'Thor's Epic Fails'.

Soon Peter got bored and went out to take a walk around the tower. He was going towards his lab to see what he could do when he saw Mr Stark and Harley standing there, laughing joyously while making a Golden Spider-Man suit. Peter's heart aches at the sight. Not only was Harley using Peter's and Mr Stark's lab he was creating an identical Spider-Man suit to replace Peter as the famous vigilante of New York. Peter couldn't help but think of the scenarios of an inexperienced Harley Keener swinging around trying to do what Spider-Man usually does. Peter stifled a laugh, it would probably look like someone who was trying to be an acrobat but ended up looking more like Clint on a trapeze. Speaking of the other Avengers, they had been thinking that Peter had actually bullied Harley and are giving him the silent treatment. Peter didn't give a shit. He had Loki and that's all that mattered.

<•>

The day came when Harley would take his first swing around the city as the new Spider-Man. He had adhesive pads on the Golden suit so he could stick to most surfaces and he also had web shooters on. The suit had no AI since Harley didn't want one and it was basically a copy of the original Stark designed Spider-Man suit. Harley, or the Golden Spider, carefully shot a web at a nearby building. He then tried to swing but ended up falling, the four metal legs of the suit catching him and breaking his fall. Pedestrians were already starting to look at him funny and Peter and Loki were laughing from Peter's room, watching the scene below with high tech binoculars Peter had invented. Harley tried to climb up a wall but failed miserably and fell down again. At this point the people of New York had gathered to see the clumsy Spider-Man. They laughed at his attempts to scale the wall like Peter did and took pictures and videos to post. Even though Harley had had some practice being Spider-Man in the gym he was still a newbie at this. He only wanted to be Spider-Man so he could look cool and show off. Harley had never thought that being Spider-Man was so hard. He finally used the help of the metal legs to get on top of a building and tried to swing again but fell right back down onto the sidewalk.

Surprisingly, Flash Thompson, who was in the crowd was the first to question the new Spider-Man.

"Hey Spidey, what happened to you? How come you can't swing around anymore and why is your suit gold?"

A chorus of 'yeah's and some muttering went around the crowd.

"The old Spider-Man was evil, he did all this for attention and fame. I, the Golden Spider is here to help the people of New York. Now, does anyone want an autograph?" Harley asked. He had practiced his Golden Spider autograph more than he had practiced web slinging and wall climbing. Well, nobody said a word. Then Flash spoke again, defending the old Spidey.

"You look like you're the one who wants attention. You say your here to help us? Well then climb the wall or swing on a web! I doubt you could do even that. The old Spidey never asked to sign autographs but you, you imposter. Before you even learn how to be a low class Spider-Man you start asking to sign stuff. What proof do you have to say that your actually gonna help us?" Peter made a mental note to thank Flash the next time he saw him, even though it would be awkward.

Harley got mad and punched Flash. The punch was actually worser than Flash's punch. Flash smirked in amusement.

"Puny Spider, can't even throw a proper punch like the good old one," he said.

All around Flash people muttered about how right he was and how stupid and mean the new Spider-Man was. Harley got mad and ran back to the tower, where he cried to the Avengers and Mr Stark about how Peter had spread rumors and hurt his feelings which led to all of Peter's electronics being taken away as extra punishment and an angered Loki screaming for blood. Let's just say that it was not gonna be pretty when Harley finds himself in a room with Loki again.

~•~

Hey guys author here. Thx for reading and I'll try to update soon. I need to plan out the plot a little so the updates won't be super fast. Luv u all 3000 my li'l spooders ;)