24.

*if you feel rereading will be too much, this chapter starts after the chaos in the elevator between Beyoncé, Shawn, and Nicki. Beyoncé has also unfortunately had a miscarried and due to it being an incomplete miscarriage she becomes hospitalized. The story now re-begins 2 months later post hospital and elevator trauma* - 💞

_______________________________

"Stop, you both are so adorable" Kim cooed as Beyoncé managed to show a glimpse of her and Carter on FaceTime

"Wassup, Kim.." Carter spoke. She watched the camera turn slightly then focus back on Beyoncé who was glowing underneath the warm sunlight. After everything she had just been through, Kim was more than happy that her bestie was practicing self-care on the semi-isolated island of Bora Bora with her man.

It had been almost two months since Beyoncé's lost which Kim had been made aware of the week her best friend was discharge from the hospital. Yes, she had heard some news from Nicki but decided not to push Beyoncé for clarification; Kim believed she would tell her when she was well and ready. Kim did, however, give Nicki an earful about how senseless she was to lash out the way she did and finished their conversation by saying that she'd 100% accept if Beyoncé were to never speak to her again.

"How long are you staying again?" Kim questioned.

"..Forever if I could." Beyoncé answered after a slight pause, "But I'll be back by the end of this week." Kim nodded her head and made herself a mental reminder to expect Beyoncé within two days.

Like clockwork, baby West began to cry vigorously. "Time to go. Love you." Kim bid Beyoncé and Carter goodbye and ended the call.

After disconnecting, Beyoncé placed her phone back on airplane mode then took another sip of her morning dose of chilled Mimosa. She glanced at the other spacious bungalows around her then back to her soulmate who was currently focusing all of his attention on the addictive game of Candy Crush. Her lips formed a small pout and she let out a small whine to get his attention.

He chuckled, "What's wrong, now?"

"That game is so much more entertaining than me, huh?"

Carter hit the pause button and placed his phone down on the sturdy bamboo table, "Of course not," he said in laughter "All my attention is yours, baby."

The look on her face did nothing but warm his heart. At this point in time, Carter could honestly say that he felt at peace with Beyoncé, despite their many hardships and losses. This vacation was his idea after the couple spent a few weeks in counseling together where Dr. Isaacson - pleased with their progress - brought them to the conclusion that trying again for another bundle of joy wouldn't be a bad idea after all. Carter sought the opportunity to place his seed in a beautiful and secluded place where their mother can scream as loud as she wanted to ... & just this thought alone caused him to shift slightly in his seat to hide his growing boner.