13.

The flash from someone's camera caused Carter's to break his stare from Beyoncé's ass that was hugged nicely by her denim shorts. He was definitely angry that Ty had cut their conversation short, but he made himself a promise to meet up with her again tonight.

"Now I know I can't post this anywhere, y'all look ready to kill." Lenny, Carter's videographer, said with a low chuckle.

"Why are we even over here again?" said Carter as he witness Beyoncé now moving locations.

"To keep you away from her? You ain't gon do nothing but cry over her and I'm sure she doesn't want to hear it!" Ty said bluntly. His group of guy friends consisting of Tyrone, Nasir, and Lenny had heard every tale there was about Beyoncé. Beyoncé had only met the trio a few times, but they still fell in love with the way she treated and cared for Carter; something they knew he took for granted. When Carter broke the news to them about remarrying Sanaa, they didn't speak to him for weeks. In their mind, Sanaa was nothing but a gold-digging leech, and Beyoncé was more worthy of a ring than Sanaa ever was.

Carter scoffed, "I gotta talk to her. Tell her the truth about my life right now."

"And you think she'd listen??"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I hope so." His phone vibrated to alert him of an incoming phone call, but he immediately sent the call to voicemail when he saw Sanaa's name; she had been calling him nonstop since he left her in New York just a few days before their wedding. "Yo B!" Carter called out as he watched Beyoncé walk toward the exit. She rolled her eyes once the two made eye contact, but stopped to give him a chance to catch up with her.

"Leaving so soon?" said Carter with a slight wheeze in his voice from running.

She nodded her head yes, "It's getting late, and rowdy.."

"Very true." The nighttime brought the worst out of the Coachella attendees; everyone was either too drunk, hot, or tired. "Well, let me just walk you back to your car."

"What about your friends?"

Carter waved them off, "They'll be fine."

"Alright," she replied tiredly. Together, the two walked closely and in silence out of gated dessert.

"Did you enjoy yourself?" Carter asked to make light conversation

"I did, actually. I thought it would be boring without my girls here.."

"I'm kinda glad I didn't see them." said Carter with a laugh as Beyoncé showed no emotion.

"That's not funny-"

"I meant that in a good way, they wouldn't beat my ass y'know-" Still, Beyoncé did not join him in laughter, so he cleared his throat to stop anymore comments from forming.

"..The only reason why they would ever lay a hand on you is because of how you've treated me." Beyoncé said, now facing him as she stood with her back towards the car.

"Right. Something I deeply regret.."

"Do you though?" said Beyoncé as she cocked her head to the side. "I swear I'm tired of this ongoing conversation between us. Let's just end things, right here, right now. You're getting married, I'm trying to move on with my life, like .. why do I keep running into you?"

"..Maybe, fate doesn't want us to end."

"Then fate must not be on my team if she enjoys seeing me hurt twenty-four seven."

"Beyoncé, if I could say I'm sorry in every language in the world, I would. I think the issue I have is that, I don't want this to end. I don't want to lose you-"