16.

Back in Los Angeles where the sun was high and so were her spirits, Beyoncé finally felt herself at ease. Every morning, she found herself thanking God a little extra that the terrible situation with Lance did not escalate any further; she knew for sure that her psyche would have been all of out wack if she found out this man laid more than hands on her body. In terms of legal actions, Lance was served with a restraining order and also sentenced to prison once the cops found him hysterically drunk in his apartment, covered in wounds done by none other than Carter himself. Beyoncé scolded him for beating Lance to a pulp, but experienced a bit of relief when Carter mentioned that others had handled it for him. Yet for the two estranged lovers, Beyoncé going back to Los Angeles had put in dent in Carter's heart. He wanted nothing more than to be in her presence, love her, and cater to her every need, but Beyoncé was a strong advocate for Carter working on himself before a relationship could aspire between the two. With the help of Dr. Isaacson, Carter went to counseling faithfully every other week, and even did conference videos with Beyoncé present.

"Do you like my new bathtub?" Beyoncé asked Carter over video chat

"Do you like my new bathtub?" Beyoncé asked Carter over video chat. He became bored sitting in Dr. Isaacson's waiting room, so he decided to give her a call

A hearty laugh escaped his throat, "All I is a beautiful face. Care to get up and show me this tub you speak of?"

"Nope, I've gotten comfortable. I'll just send you a picture later." said Beyoncé before sitting up inside of the tub. Her curly hair fell gently onto her shoulders and Carter did nothing but smile at her beauty.

"What are your plans today?" He asked; it was 11pm PCT, so he figured she would at least be up and ready for her day.

"Remodeling last minute, and then Nicki and Kim are coming over for a day of fun."

"Day of fun?"

"Yeah. We'll do some swimming, order takeout, listen to some good music, and have some drinks.. I'm excited!" Beyoncé exclaimed.

"Well don't party too hard, remember our upcoming trip?"

Beyoncé smiled hard at his statement. Carter had offered her a chance to join him for his second upcoming business trip to Paris, being that he was officially sealing his 40/40 Club deal and had huge surprise planned for his lady. "I can't wait, I've missed Paris."

When Carter did not respond to her comment, she noticed that he was now speaking to someone else. "B, the Doc is here. I'll call you back." He ended the call and Beyoncé decided to continue on with her day.

Hours later, she was faced to faced with two of the greatest women in her life. Kim, who was currently carrying baby number two, hugged her best friend tightly. One would think that with Beyoncé's move to LA, her and Kim would spend more time together, but it happen to be the complete opposite. Nicki was next to get a good hug in, and together the trio journeyed to the luxurious backyard. Beyoncé made sure to have her pool filled with large and colorful inflatables and various cute objects scattered around.