the project

mackenzie's pov-

Johnny sits over a row and back in class from me.

teacher: "you have a project to do. It's due next week your partners are...
Nadia & Ruby
mackenzie & Johnny
blah blah blah blah".

Seriously you have to be fucking kidding me. This project is "going to be a blast". As everyone started moving next to there partners, and Johnny came over and sat next to me.

johnny: "so what are we going to do for this project".

mackenzie: "I was thinking about linear equations and there functions?".

johnny: "sounds good".

mackenzie: "I'll do research on it later".

Finally the bell rang. I thought johnny would threaten me or something like that. I didn't feel like going to study hall so ruby, lauren, and I decided to skip this period. We went to one of the bathrooms and just talked in there. Finally lunch time. lauren and I were talking when johnny walked over to our table.

johnny: "can I sit here?".

lauren: "won't hayden get mad if you do?".

johnny: "probably"

lauren: "john can I speak to you, in private".

lauren wanted to talk to johnny in private. Why couldn't they say it in front of me? wow I don't feel offended at all.

lauren: "john are you feeling okay? You're being nice to mackenzie".

johnny: "I feel bad okay?".

lauren: "your finally guilty of something for once".

johnny: "lauren shut the fuck up".

lauren and johnny walked back over to the table. johnny sat down right next to me. It was really weird. It feels like I had my old best friend back. sadly I shouldn't be getting my hopes up. It's probably to get real close to me and then hurt me.

I walked out of the cafeteria and johnny followed me.

johnny: "mackenzie?".

mackenzie: "yeah johnny?".

johnny: "I'm sorry about the other day".

mackenzie: "it's okay".

johnny: "are you sure?".

mackenzie: "yeah I'm fine".

we had a little moment so I hugged him.

|after school|

lauren and I went to the hospital to pick maddie up.

I'm really happy she gets out.

maddie: "kenzie?".

mackenzie: "yeah?".

maddie: "I'm happy I finally got out".

mackenzie: "me too, what do you want to do tonight?".

maddie: "have a sleepover with some friends".

i texted the whole friend group.

maddie: "what did they say?".

mackenzie: "they all said yes".

maddie: "yay this is going to be fun!"

she clapped her hands in excitement.

mackenzie: "it sure will be".

maddie and I went home. we grabbed snacks and drinks that would be enough for all of us.We went to the movie room and started setting up for the night. We placed down the sleeping bags and started making popcorn.

The doorbell rang so I went to answer it. I opened the door and it was annie, ruby, lauren, nadia, lexi, and jayden. We all grabbed the snacks and went to the movie room. We decided to watch the movie IT.

while we were watching the movie the power went out. We all grabbed our phones and turned the flashlights on.

lexi: "guys what's happening?".

mackenzie: "i don't know just stay together".

ruby: "let's all huddle up".

We all moved closer to each other and just whisper to each other. all of the sudden there was a knock in the movie room door.....

________________________________