new school year

mackenzie's pov-

hi! I'm Mackenzie Ziegler. I've been living in the same city for almost my whole life. My mom and dad got into a car accident when I was 13. It's been a little over 3 years since that is has happened. I have been living with my sister maddie.

maddie and I have looked out for each other for many years through the thick and thin. ever since my parents died, my life has gone downhill.

I used to be best friends with a boy named Johnny Orlando. we've been friends since kindergarten but we had a really bad argument a couple years ago. we haven't really talked since then.

johnny has a younger sister named lauren orlando. she's one of my closest friends. ever since i fell out with johnny, i invite lauren over to my house so i don't run into him.

johnny and his friend group are the 'troublemakers' of the school. they're always getting into trouble. they skip class, ditch school, smoke and do drugs on school ground. worst of all, they like to let loose and party.

last school year was a living hell thanks to johnny and his friends. they like to bully maddie and i. it's either physically or mentally.

i'm hoping this school year is different.

|first day of new school year|

maddies pov-

I woke up and took a quick shower. I picked out a nice and cozy outfit and did my hair. I went downstairs to the kitchen, and cooked some breakfast for kenzie and I. When she came down stairs, I put her pancakes on a plate and handed it too her.

mackenzie: "thanks, mads ".

she sat down on a stool.

maddie: "no problem kenz. I hope today everything goes well".

i sat down next to her and stuffed my face with pancakes.

mackenzie: "me too".

for the next 15 minutes, we finished eating and chatted about life. until we noticed what time it was.

maddie: "let's go. We don't want to be late on the first day of school".

I quickly grabbed my keys, bag, and closed the door behind me, locking it. after 20 minutes of walking we approached the high school.

I stopped walking and maddie turned around and looked at me.

maddie: "kenz, are you ready?".

i glanced at her.

mackenzie: "I don't think so".

i noticed her fidgeting with her fingers.

maddie: "you'll be okay, alright?".

we continued walking into the school and walked into the office. we got in the back of the line and waited until we we're next.

about ten minutes later it was our turn. we walked up to the secretary's desk and said our last name. we walked out of the office and looked at our schedules.

maddie: "too bad we only have one study hall together this year".

mackenzie: "sadly. I'm gonna go find my locker, see you at lunch".

maddie: "okay, i'll see you later".

mackenzie and I both went our separate ways as I looked for my locker. I looked down at my schedule locker 1-324 I thought too myself. I found my locker and realized that it was next to Johnny Orlando's. great. just great. I have the best luck ever.

________________________________

re-writing this book is going to take a lot of time. hopefully, it will be worth it.