Rescue

It was Payton.

I turn away.

He frowns and sits down next to me.

"Are you ok?" He repeats.

I spin around.  "What do you think, Payton?  I was in a car accident.  I can't remember anything, and the guy I like is apparently going after my best friend, whom I also don't remember!" I scream at him.

His eyes furrow as he registers what I just said.

"Wait, you like me?"

"Yes, Payton, I like you!" I shout I feel frustration.

His eyebrows knit together for a second.

"But I thought that you were with Jack-"

"Payton, I've forgotten all of you!  And my first impression of Jackson was terrible.  Gosh, just leave me alone.  I don't want to talk to any of you!" I yell and storm away, not sure where I am going.

I go through twists and turns and find myself in weird streets considering I'd never been in this place before.

It's getting darker and everyone is probably wondering where I am, especially the worrier aka Jackson.

I pull out my phone and see that Jackson and Payton have both called about a million times and messaged me just as many.

I sigh and shove it back into my pocket angrily.

I find a nearby bench and plop myself down, breathing in the cold air.

I hear steps behind me, and I know it's Jackson.  Why he's being so secretive about it, I don't know.

I probably should have called him back so he didn't have to worry so much that he resorted to stalking me to make sure I was alright.

The steps continue to come behind me.

I turn around.  "Jackson, you're not very sneaky, you know"

No answer.

"Jackson, I'm serious!"

Still no answer.

"Answer me!"

"Who's Jackson?" The voice responds and it's definitely not Jackson.  The voice is way to gravely and low.

My eyes widen as someone steps out.

It's a man in about his thirties with a heavy beard and scary eyes.

"Hello, dear," He drawls.

Can I make a run for it?  I casually glance around to see if I can make a break for it.

"Thinking about running?" He continues.

"Not really," I mutter before turning around and sprinting as fast as I can, dodging random pedestrians and odd objects that are in the sidewalk.

As I rub, I spot an alleyway and I dash off into, still running hoping to get away from that man.

I hide behind a dumpster and try to catch my breath.

I wait and peer around the dumpster but don't see anything.

I sigh in relief.  It's ok.

I come out after waiting another five minutes, starting I walk back the way I came when suddenly someone grabs arm and throws me against the wall.

Pain explodes through my head as I come face to face with the guy.  He's even more disgusting in person.

"Running really didn't do you good," he says.

I struggle to get his tight grip off my arm, but it was useless. Tears start to fall from my eyes.

"Now you have to pay, dear," He says grossly.

I shudder, the tears going faster than before.

His hand travels to my neck and he starts to pick me up, choking me.

I can feel myself losing oxygen and I try to claw at him to let me go, but it doesn't work.

Pain shoots through my whole body and I can feel the lack of oxygen getting to me.

I manage to catch him by surprise with a blow to his jaw and he releases his hand a little, giving me the exit I need.

I dash away and keep running.

I look back and don't see anyone.

Turning around I smile at myself, proud that I got away, when a force pushes me to the ground and a heavy weight is on top of me.

I struggle and struggle but I'm to small.

"Stop squirming.  It'll be easier on you if you don't move," he threatens.

I continue to thrash uncontrollably making him curse and hit me on the side of my head.

That really hurt and I can feel my skin split and blood start dripping out.

Tears start to mix with blood and suddenly my life is flashing before my eyes.

This is the end, I think.  Nothing can help me now.  Nobody knows.

I cry and cry because that's all I can do.

"Bye bye princess," he whispers and I curl up, ready for the hit, but it never comes.

I open my eyes and look up.  The guy is a few feet away, his eyes closed and his body crumpled.

I feel arms around me and I begin to thrash before I hear a voice.

"Annie, it's ok.  You're safe,"

I start to relax and apparently that triggers crying, because I cried even more than I already was.

The arms go around me and I get pulled into a hug.

When the person pulls away I look at them.  It's Jackson.

"Are you ok?" He asks sweetly.

I nod slightly and he noticed the blood on my head.

"Oh my gosh, we need to get you to the hospital," he starts.

"No," I interrupt.  "Just take me to my hotel room and help me get cleaned up," I say.

He nods and drives me back, helping me walk.

I sit down at the table while he gets a paper towel, dampening it with water and helping clean up the blood.

"How did you find me?" I ask.

"I was walking, looking for you, and I saw someone on a bench, and it looked like you.  So I watched and I saw the guy and I couldn't let him know I was there or he would've definitely killed you so I waited and then when he got you, I lost you for a bit but then I found you again and that was when you almost were dead,"

I throw my arms around him.  "Thank you," I whisper.

His arms wrap around me and we hug tightly for a long time but it only felt like three seconds.

We pull away and he looks at me and I look back.

Then he does something that I thought he would never do.

He kisses me.