▪︎Epilogue▪︎

Start from the beginning

My sobbing came to a halt as I pretended to take my pills in the hope of appeasing the guard. Satisfied that I had taken them, he took the cup then left. I swiftly rushed to the sink and spat the cocktail down the drain. Afterward, I trod to the gate of my cell and lingered briefly, looking both ways to ensure that no guards had been lurking. Once I noticed the coast was clear, I returned to my bunk and picked up the picture of my lost family again. Allowing my thoughts to roam freely, my mind stumbled upon a happier memory of Londyn and Amalie.

Londyn had just placed Thyssen down for a much needed nap when she returned to her room and sprawled across the bed. Amalie and I already occupied the other half of the bed as we watched reruns of her favorite cartoons.

"Motherhood is exhausting I swear." She said as she dramatically wiped nonexistent sweat from her forehead.

"Tell me about it. That's why I had to put Ashira in the toy box. I couldn't deal." Amalie concurred, referring to her baby alive doll. Londyn erupted in a fit of laughter.

"Girl, I'ma call CPS on you. You can't just throw the baby in the toy box like that." Londyn replied once she ceased laughing.

"Mommy," Amalie rolled over and got a grip of Londyn's shoulder, peering into her eyes with a serious look plastered on her face. "Sis is tired, sis is me okay? I need a break sometimes." Her witty remark sent Londyn roaring again. So much so that she'd fell off the bed, and when she resurfaced her eyes were moist with tears.

"Okay momma. I hear you. Guess I'ma start putting Ty in the toy box too." Londyn teased.

"No way! You can't do that to my brother."

"But you just said you put Ashira in the toy box when you're tired. Why can't I do the same?" Londyn was obviously enjoying their little back and forth.

"She's a doll, Buba actually breathes. Do you want him to die?" She questioned dramatically causing Londyn to chuckle.

"No ma'am. I don't want no smoke either."

"Good." Amalie had the audacity to say.

My first genuine smile in months was revealed as the memory came to an end. However, sorrow settled in shortly after as I thought of all the memories that Amalie and Thyssen wouldn't get to create with Londyn. After my arrest, Mr. And Mrs. Carter had taken custody of the kids. I was grateful that my mother had gotten over her pettiness long before that because I would've hated for Amalie and Thyssen to be separated. She loved that little boy greatly.

Biting down on my bottom lip, I tried forcing myself not to cry again. Never in my life I would've ever thought that I'd be reduced to such an emotional man. I assumed with time would've come healing but I was gravely mistaken. Not caring if anyone heard me this time I wailed at the top of my lungs as guilt washed over me. I was supposed to be Londyn's protector and I'd failed miserably. After descending from my emotional roller coaster ride, I was left to nurse a raw throat and sore eyes. The guards hadn't even bothered to show up this time, undoubtedly they were fed up with my instability. My body must've been tired of the distress as well, as a sharp pain coursed through my chest. Irregular breathing soon followed suit. Rather than call for help, I simply accepted my impending fate. Death had finally come for me and I was ready to go.

Using whatever ounce of strength I had left I reached under my bunk and retrieved a pen and a sheet of paper. I scribbled a simple note, one that I knew would bring peace to my troubled soul...

Bury me next to her.

R.I.P TJ

******************

Welp guys short epilogue but that's how the cookie crumbles😂😂y'all wanted them back together but you never said how🤣💀.

On a serious note, I am forever grateful for those of you who rocked with me from start to finish. For those who were always sure to leave me a vote or comment, you guys kept me motivated.😘😘 To my ghost readers you are appreciated as well but honestly don't hesitate to interact, I love that and I actually respond.

Who was your favorite character? I was enamored with Kaz😂my poor misunderstood boo. Khayo was another fav of mine although he wasn't a main character.

Any constructive criticism? And no don't tell me how trash I am for ending the book this way, I already know this.🤷🏾‍♀️

Any other general thougts feel free to drop em...

Jah blessings,

--
Z.A