▪︎Chapter Seven▪︎

The week practically sped by after Wednesday as it was now Saturday morning. Due to the days being hectic, I hadn't spoken to Londyn much since having lunch so I was even more eager than ever to hang out with her today. We were only going furniture shopping but a part of me hoped she was willing to stick around even after the task got completed.

Since it was still fairly early, I decided to let my princess get some additional rest. I picked her up from my mom's house late lastnight. Thinking that she'd be tired once we got home, I planned on taking a shower and getting us ready for bed. However, she had other plans. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning watching one of her favorite movies, Zootopia.

Having taken care of my hygiene, I journeyed downstairs to make us some breakfast. I decided on Malie's favorite blueberry pancakes. I learnt to cook fairly well over the years, especially since it was only the two of us. It was my duty to ensure that she was being properly fed. Gathering the necessary ingredients from the fridge and cupboard, and the required utensils I busied myself with making the batter. I found myself grooving to the music inside my head.

Deciding that my mental stereo was insufficient, I briefly abandoned the task at hand to connect my phone to the smart tv. Selecting the desired playlist, I resumed what I was doing. A one man show ensued once I placed the frying pan on the stove and added a bit of oil, waiting for it to be heated.

"You remind me of a girl that I once knew! See her face whenever I, I look at you!" My voice easily overpowered Usher's as I sang to the top of my lungs, snapped my fingers rhythmically and fell into a little groove.

"You won't believe all the things, she put me through!" I turned the stove down to its lowest, grabbed the broom and started singing into it. I was really feeling this song, a classic in my opinion.

I had been grooving all over the kitchen when suddenly something bumped into my leg. Looking down, I was greeted by the tired eyes of my princess. I quickly turned the volume down and lifted her in my arms for a hug.

"Morning daddy. Why you down here hollering?" I chuckled, watching her roughly rub the remnants of sleep from her eyes.

"You tryna say daddy can't sing?" She nodded her head yes.

"You sound like Roxy." She commented, referencing our great dane. I freed one of my hands and clutched my chest, feigning shock which sent her into a fit of giggles.

"Sorry daddy." She wrapped her arms around my neck and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Guess what princess?" Her eyebrows hiked up almost instantly, signifying her curiosity.

"I'm making your favorite pancakes."

"YAY!" She cheered and tightened her grip around my neck for a constricting hug. Placing her back on her feet, I actually got started on frying the pancakes this time around. My music was paused anyway, as Amalie was now planted infront of the television watching cartoons.

Once the final pancake was done, I fixed our plates, poured us some juice and got situated at the dining table. We held hands and said grace together before starting on our meal.

"Thank you daddy." I cut Malie's pancakes into manageable pieces so she wouldn't have to struggle with them herself or make a mess. I smiled at my princess as she rocked excited in her seat and happily chewed her food.

"These are so good." She struggled to say, her cheeks stuffed with unchewed pancakes.

"Thank you baby girl but we don't talk with food in our mouths remember?" She nodded her understanding and swallowed before making conversation. After we were finish eating, we remained at the dining table for a while as Amalie went on about how excited she was for her recital tomorrow.