Chapter 1: Foreshadowing

JESY’S POV

I sat up with a start.  It had happened again.  I could feel the cold sweat forming at my brow and my heart felt like it was just ripped out of my chest.  I was gasping for breath as if I had just run a marathon and I felt an urge to cry so strong that I could not withhold from doing so.  I began sniffling and weeping as quietly as possible as if I was trying to stop myself from waking someone even though I lived in my apartment alone.

This was the third night in a row when I had a horrible nightmare about a girl who I’m certain I don’t know being killed . . . right in front of me.  It was a different girl every night so far and each time the girl died I felt like I was dying too.  I did not feel any physical pain really but both my brain and heart felt like they might explode.  It was as if each one of these girls were my world being torn to shreds.  I’m not sure if I’m explaining right.  Hmm, let’s see, imagine your mother, the woman who gave you birth and cared for you.  Now imagine her being stabbed brutally while you stood and watched in horror with no way to stop it.

Or it could be the other way around with a mother watching the child she nurtured and cared for brutally stabbed to death.

Yes, that’s sort of how it felt.  But it’s strange because I don’t know any of these girls and I’m not usually one to dream about girls anyway, if you know what I mean.  Tonight it was a golden bronzed girl with an afro.  She had an adorable face that you just wanted to squeeze and an amazing body that I would literally sell my soul for.  She probably never felt insecure a day in her life. 

It was strange how vivid the dream was.  I could remember everything about this girl from the way her nose twitched like a bunny when she thought, to the way she screamed my name when she died.

They were all doing that . . . screaming my name.  It made the whole thing a lot worse that they seemed to know me when I didn’t quite know or remember them.

I remember the other girls too.  The one from last night, yeah she was really little.  She had these huge brown eyes that made you want to give her anything she wanted.  Her brown hair was really the most perfect I had ever seen.  She was probably the dictionary definition to a look of innocence.

And there was the first one.  A blonde.  The scared expression she wore on her face terrified me because for some reason I imagined her to be someone who smiled all the time and it pained me to see her happiness gone.   She had these big blue almond shaped eyes that looked like they were once bright but were stripped of their shine.

The whole thing was truly horrible and I had no idea what it meant.  Why am I dreaming about these girls and why do I feel like they are extremely important to me?

PERRIE’S POV

There I was at 8:00 a.m already up and in a strangely good mood.  Don’t get me wrong my default mood is good but I usually have to try hard to be pleasant when its early morning.

As I sipped my tea and got ready for my classes that day I just felt like something huge was going to happen.  I felt like my life was about to become complete.  I smiled down at my cup, maybe I’ll find Mr. Right.